Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X3-02 - Poor battery life?

Contributor
abylbc

X3-02 - Poor battery life?

[ Edited ]

How long does your battery last with normal usage? I am not using WiFi, media player etc , 3G network is on. I fully charged my phone at 8 pm. Next day in the morning I had 50% of the capacity and till 6.pm phone's battery is dead. Call time like 5 minutes and about 10 SMS. With WiFi on etc. battery is dead within 12 hours. I have been using phone since christmas. Is that normal? For me it is a huge disapointement…

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Poor battery life?

what phone have you?
also look here

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Maximize-battery-performance/m-p/431669/highlight/true#M125

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abylbc

Re: Poor battery life?

[ Edited ]

Ups, sry, forgot to mention. I updated subject.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: X3-02 - Poor battery life?

ok so does any of the advice give you a better understanding?

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
t_qwerty

maximum 2 days!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

depending on usage yes

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Just_Joe59

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I had battery trouble with my X6 which was originally with 3 and after taking it to Nokia Care I found out that you need to disable your packet data settings as the phone under the 3 Network tries to do an update about every 10 seconds which is what is consuming your battery.

Try turning off your packet data settings and see if like me your battery life extends out to 4 to 5 days.

Hope this helps, if it does select the green star for me.  Cheers and good luck.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this is mentioned in link above

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
CaptainSlow

Mine is doing the same. Packet data is set to 'when needed' and I'm getting 24 hour battery life. It's going back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abylbc

[ Edited ]

I turned off everything the actually could be turned off in order to improve battery life.

I have packet data set to 'when needed'. I also turned off 3G network. Still I am unable to squeeze nothing more then 24-28 hours of battery life (10-15 SMS, 10minutes calling, no WiFi, media player etc.)

Every night I have to charge my phone... So any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Professor
romperompe

Empty the battery complete and charge fully.
Then see if it becomes normal.
Otherwise you have a faulty battery.
IF YOU FIND POSTS HELPFUL HIT THE BIG GREEN BOX TO THE LEFT WITH THE WHITE STAR IN IT THANKS
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gleofry

does the nokia have a battery waranty?.

im from the philippines, anyone came from ph,

please reply.. tnx tnx..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
andyextreme

How do you know if your 3G is on or off ? And how do your switch ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abylbc

[ Edited ]

Because I selected GSM network instead of 3G in menu-settings-phone-network mode and there is no "3G" symbol on main screen when I am in area of 3G coverage.

But it looks like that  romperompe had a good point! I completely emptied my battery and then fully charged my switched off phone. So far after 36hours I still have 4 bars. So that is a huge improvement compared to my previous battery behavior. I'll see how long it will last. I hope it is not some bug :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
detp

mmm. i will try it but know charge only when the battery when it is showing red !!! and the battery can last for long at but when it goes to red ! :smileyhappy: this was very helpful (:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajeshrajub4u

Even am facing the same problem with my noia x3-02

usally i charge in the evenings.. byy next day mrng its showing only 3 point more ever i wnt use my phone much.. :smileysad: can any one give me the solution for this.??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
veeyah

hey how do you turn off your packet data settings? well I just bought mine yesterday, charged it when battery was empty for 4 hrs then after 6 hrs of use with 10-15 SMS and minimal use of games and wifi, is this normal?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Set the Packet Data to 'When Needed' .. BTW though the battery life seems to be somewhat low, you will get the Optimum life only after about 6 to 8 recharges...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
veeyah

yes. how do you do that in the x3-02? after 9 hrs heavy texting and i only have just one bar left. is it normal?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ilovemp

if your battery is low would you have to do that steps again ? thanks

Please use plain text.