Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X5 Software update problem

Registered Member

X5 Software update problem

I am having trouble installing the latest software update using Ovi Suite. The update shuts down the phone and this disconnects the USB connention to the phone making the update impossible. Anyone else having this problem or any workarounds available ???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

During the updates the phone will switch itself OFF and ON.. so unless the phone remains OFF for a considerable length of time ( say more than 4-5 minutes ) than its a problem..else.. simply leave it to do its job.. When it switches OFF, its obvious that the display will show USB Connection lost.. Do not disconnect the phone until it swiches ON on its own after you see installation complete..

Read the prompts when you start the process.. it also says.. Ignore all warnings in Windows task bar...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Still no good. I left it for 45 mins but the phone does not restart. Ovi Suite says it has lost connection with the device and to disconnect the usb cable, restart the device then reconnect it to continue. As soon as the update starts again the phone shuts down and the connection is lost again. It just goes round in circles, nothing gets updated. I must be missing something ???

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

I am facing the same problem..Please help!!!

Please use plain text.
Rozanor2000

Im also have a same problem, nothing update after restating, please help.. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

Farby why dont u reply us?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

Plz give us a solution.. even google map also dose not work on nokia X5-01 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mob_meter

@all...i also had the same problem with my device. this is what i did to update the firmware.

1. format the memory card (pre packed with the device)

2. soft resetted the phone (*#7370#)

3. update the ovi application to the latest

4. fully charge the phone, and then connect to the laptop or pc

5. this time i succeeded on the 2nd attempt

and i observed one more thing, after the first firmware update, there's no hassles at all to reinstall or update from the factory state(in case you have hard reset the device) to the latest version(043.016).

this leads to a conclusion that either some system files in preinstalled memory card are causing the overstated problem, or the incompatibility of the factory installed version of OS with the update.

pl let me know whether this works for you or not.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

Still not working :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

How u did that.mIne not working! :smileysad: plz help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mob_meter

after this also u r having the same problem, then you have only way is to try and try again.untill u get succeded.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

Not working man...i wil take ma phn to nokia care..hope they can fix it
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

I tried so many times but not working plz help bro :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zubein007

YESSSSS..atlast i did it with nokia care software!! Good software!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
xseries_x5

I also having the same problem...anyone please help....this is only major problem for me..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey Farby,,, come up with any solutions yet ????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
annita

Hello, I was cheking my emails on my phone and after exiting the web page the phone just got stuck so I took the batery out and try to turn it on but it just gets to the withe screen and then nothing, I asked where they fix phones and they say it's the software they wanna charge a lot so is there any way I can do it my self? in advance thankx

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zulfikar

akbar

Rozanor2000 wrote:

Im also have a same problem, nothing update after restating, please help.. 

Please use plain text.