Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 16GB - does USB cable allow battery charging fr...

Registered Member
anorak60

X6 16GB - does USB cable allow battery charging from laptop PC?

About to replace 6500 Slide with X6 16gb, does anybody know if USB cable to laptop PC will allow charging or not? - like the 6500 Slide does not

I know a car cigar lighter charger might work but I'm a train/bus traveller

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sockatume

Re: X6 16GB - does USB cable allow battery charging from laptop PC?

It would appear not, which is odd given that Nokia's one of the organisations which committed to switching to USB chargers exclusively. You can get a USB->2mm charger cable in lots of places though.
Help I'm trapped in a sig factory.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I can confirm that my newly purchased Nokia X6 16GB does NOT charge whilst connected to the USB port via the lead supplied in the box.

My previous 6600 Slide did so it is a step back for me.

The only step back I have found so far however as it is an Ace phone!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
WalterAustria

IT seems not. The battery symbol does not change and I think I received an answer from Nokia suppport that charging via USB cable is not possible for the 5230 phone. Same seems to apply for the X6, which is a real disappointment as you now always have to think of where your charger is. U can buy a USB - 2 mm charger, but this costs about 30 EUR (which is unacceptable high for a simple wire!!).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bineeshvkd

Re: X6 8GB - does USB cable allow battery charging from laptop PC?

how can charge my mobile use usb cable  my mobile is x6

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You can't ! You need to use th 2mm pin charger supplie, if not available try buying something like this https://powertraveller.com/iwantsome/primatepower/powermonkeyclassic/

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
xxxmeow13xxx

The following thread was moved to Hardware, Codes and Operator issues as it started a new topic not relevant to the subject in this board.

Please use plain text.