Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 Bluetooth driver issue

Registered Member
reaperthefirst

X6 Bluetooth driver issue

hi all.

My issue is that since I paired up my X6-16GB phone with my laptop by bluetooth, I am stuck with a "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that seems to not be able to install at all - windows update has no drivers for it and neither does the nokia installation disk or any of the folders where the nokia programs are stored. It is really annoying as it obviously provides some kind of function for the phone as it only appears when I try to access the phone from my PC. It doesn't cause any problems connecting with the phone but I just want to know how I can get this to install correctly with a correct driver as it is annoying when every time I start a bluetooth sync for the phone, I get the hardware installation wizard come up wanting to install it and then failing every time. Can anyone help???

GRRR!!! BAD TECHNOLOGY!!
Doesn't anyone miss the good old days of when a phone was a PHONE?!?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
steve_p

Re: X6 Bluetooth driver issue

If you go to your windows system tray and right click on the Bluetooth icon...

Select "Show Bluetooth Devices" from the drop down menu...

From the list of Bluetooth devices select your X6...

Again right click the icon that represents the X6...

Select "Properties" from the drop down menu...

In the Properties Window click on the "Services" Tab...

There you will see a list of Bluetooth services associated with your X6 and a series of check boxes to the far left of each entry. Using trial and error un-check each service until you find the one that is causing the problem. E.g. uncheck a service, save, disconnect the phone and re-connect via Bluetooth to see if the problem remains or disappears...

When you have identified the problem service leave it permanently unchecked. Hope that helps.

I had several that I had to uncheck but I guess that's due to the particular USB Bluetooth dongle that I have.

S.

History: Motorola MR30, Nokia: 7110, 7650, N70, N80, N82, X6 (32GB), Samsung Galaxy SII

Current: Samsung Galaxy Note3 Black

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
addk1

can i get driver from nokia to solve this problem
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deuZige

sure, just install the pc suite, tell it to connect to a new phone, select through bluetooth and there ya go.... all net and working... :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
karthik339

Hey. It worked for me as well. 

JUst install the new PC Suite 7.1. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mangalrahmani

my mobile is nokia x6 16 gb and it is not connecting by blue

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

First delete the old pairing if already connected once and try re pairing again.
First try pairing with laptop instead of opening Nokia or PC suite.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.