Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6 Date incorrect

yorkie4

I am new to nokia x6 and am also experiencing the frustration of the date not changing, have had the phone since 18 Sept and has happened about 4 times, generally once a week although it happened with only a day in beween last time.  Have read all comments with interest and as I have never used the calendar or alarm yet I don't think there is a thing that we can do about this until Nokia release another software version to solve this problem.     

My version is V21.0.004 and there was no update available when I tried recently.  My local Orange shop was no help whatsoever.  Would be grateful for any news or advice.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

Welcome to the club yorkie4. Sounds like we are very similar in our problem and use of our X6's. I am also with Orange, but haven't bothered them with the problem, maybe I should to get some pressure put on Nokia.

I am trying to treat this as a minor problem - if I think about it too much I am starting to get annoyed. I love the phone but hate being ignored by Nokia. My last Nokia phone was pathetic (but cheap), so I have used Motorola for many years before coming back to Nokia.

I HONESTLY don't think there is a reason or cause to this problem, I believe it is completely random.

The dates so far when I have switched on and the date has been the previous day are -

SAT 4th. Sept.

SUN 19th. Sept.

WED 22nd. Sept.

THURS 23rd. Sept.

WED 29th. Sept.

FRI 8th. Oct.

THURS 14th. Oct.

All I can suggest is filling consumer questionairres in every time you get presented with them on this site or anywhere else, and say how disappointed you are. When Customer Care won't even reply to messages, there isn't a lot else we can do.  18 months to go and it will back to Motorola.

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi Everybody

• as VliegerRene suggested, I have already switching off and on the device kepping it vertical and in addition keeping the date for 24hr format,
  • this has suceeded me for nearly about a month now and no change of the date so far.
  • Still I am observing it and yet to comment about more on the issue.
  • so keeping automatic time update on, u can try the above also
  • Please keep informing the thread on the results.

PS: If you are happy with the above please click white star on green background.

Please use plain text.
yorkie4

Thanks for welcome note. I have emailed Nokia and Orange on 18 October so let's see if I get a response.  Agree I like X6 too but am disappointed it's not working as it should, didn't expect this with new Nokia phone. 

I had Motorola Razr last phone, never any problems with it but it wasn't high tech and camera was a bit naff. Will just have to check for updates now and again and not worry about it, at least I know it's not me having set it incorrectly which is what the guy in the Orange shop told me when I first queried it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ez2517

Customer Care did answer to my request, but they said that the bug would MOST PROBABLY be fixed in the next firmware version, but would not speculate on when it is going to be released.

Brandy

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

yorkie4 wrote:

Thanks for welcome note. I have emailed Nokia and Orange on 18 October so let's see if I get a response.  Agree I like X6 too but am disappointed it's not working as it should, didn't expect this with new Nokia phone. 

I had Motorola Razr last phone, never any problems with it but it wasn't high tech and camera was a bit naff. Will just have to check for updates now and again and not worry about it, at least I know it's not me having set it incorrectly which is what the guy in the Orange shop told me when I first queried it.

Did you try the workarround by VliegerRene and chandana99 ?

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@farby

• I think it is fruitfull to try what I stated.
  • I assure u that still no problem.
  • but as I said has to  be monitored.

WBR

Chandana99

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

My postings on this topic are now being deleted. I am about to reject my phone with Orange.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ez2517

This forenoon my phone's date and time jumped to 1st of January 2010, the time to 12:00. I am quite sure that date and time were correct in the morning when i switched it on. However i switched it off and on in the forenoon because i could not get an internet connection when riding on the train. I am not sure whether the date was corrupted immediately after that reboot.

Now i am starting to get fed up with my X6 as well.

Brandy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jsanjuan

I always turn on and off the mobile in vertical position and I have the 24 hours format and I have problems with the date so I think it doesn´t work

Please use plain text.
yorkie4

I had a reply from Orange Customer Relations who then transferred me to technical support guy.  He was aware of problem with date not changing and said he would send me a message which i was to read and delete, then remove battery from phone without switching off, replace battery and put phone back together.  Worked for about 1 week then today switched phone on and guess what, still had yesterdays day and date. No reply from Nokia as yet.  With regard to Orange replacing phone, my Orange shop would not replace my X6 handset even though it was still in the 28 day return period because the sales person could not match the fault to any of the the valid reasons that Orange would exchange under. She said it was a Nokia software problem and nothing to do with Orange network.                    

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robse_DK

Hi guys,
Same problem here in Denmark. Brand new X6-16Gb.
Always liked Nokia, but this is simply not good enough.

Observations:
Carrier: TeleNor
Software: 21.2.004 (newest here.)
Time format: 24 hr.
Orientation during off/on: Flat on the desk, always. (Power off every night)
Calendar entries next day: About half the time.
Automatic time/date: Off
Next to never any text message right at bootup
No mail ever (not used)
No alarms ever (not used)

I have checked the date right after midnight for a while, and then again next morning after power-up at 0600. The date is updated ever so fine at midnight, but ever so often it rolls back at power-up. I have not noticed any connection to calendar entries, but will test that.

I'll mark birthdays every 2. or 3. day for a while (random pattern), and check.
After that I'll try the vertical theory for a while.

I'll revert.

YS, Robert

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

I have read and tried previously what has been suggested, but it made me laugh this morning when it got the clock time change correct when it was switched on for the clocks going back! Hope this gets sorted soon, as I have to quickly alter the date when it goes wrong before any texts come through, as then they get sorted in the wrong date received order

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

This morning it occured also to me.

This never happened before, and I never used alarm or calendar in any case, so I exclude that it could be the cause of this in my case.

But today I checked the date and it was yesterday!

The only thing I could think of is that I switched off the phone with low battery and switch on the same this morning, and also that it could be related to the legal hour change of tonight.

Again, I never used calendar or alarm, always switch off the phone vertically and all that stuff, and haven't installed anything except Skype, which I have not used yet.

I have the latest firmware 21.004 and the version is X6 8GB.

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Sorry for double posting.
I forgot to say that other times the phone shut down itself for low battery at evening, and after a night charge it doesn't show any date problem, so I think it is due to any recurrence, even not connected whith the alarm or calendar use because I don't use them. In my case it was the legal hour auto-change, which is not programmed by the user (this is what I think, 'cause I never experienced the problem before).

A question, if someone of Nokia is reading: the 5800 doesn't have this problem (at least I haven't read about it) and the operative system is the same... can't you take a solution from that?
Anyway, if someone could please tell me if there is a new firmware in near future I would be very happy. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Cerastes

Guys, i found a clue, i believe when the battery is less than level 4 the date is not updated but once its chrged on level 4 to 7 , the date is behaving well! I am not sure but this is what i noticed. Greetings from Cairo, Egypt

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

ThreeOs, please, tell me you are still here!

Today my phone told me it's 2nd November, two days ago!

Now, the facts: yesterday I didn't check, but in the registry is written 1st November for the calls I made, so I think it was changed already.

But today is 4th, so it changed the date two times, and I charged the phone only once since 31st October and it's still full battery.

So is this really related to low battery? I think it isn't, because before 31st October, automatic change for solar time (as I said two posts before) I never experienced the issue (and I never experienced any issue by a Nokia phone before), but now it seems omnipresent.

And, as I said, I never used nor use any alarm or calendar or anything else related to the date, so it can't be only a matter of organizer!

So, please, please, tell me something is moving and they are developing a solution!

There are people who need the phone to wake them up or remind some important events, and what if they rely on a malfunctioning phone?

I asked before, but ask again: 5800 does not have this bug and it has the same OS, can't they port the calendar-related part on X6 to make it work? Or the two phones use different ways to manage the dates?

Thanks for any reply by any Nokia member!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

I am afraid that it has become obvious that we are on our own. This forum is somewhere that Nokia use to shunt dissatisfied customers into a sidings where they can moan to each other.

A "jovial" post I made was deleted, a post i made complaining that this wasn't beingt taken seriously was deleted. I complained to Nokia about this and received a quick reply offering me help, which amounted to updating software and resenting factory settings etc (all done several times) and my reply to that message was TOTALLY IGNORED yet again.

I have decided that I will put up with this fault for the duration of my contract and then never use Nokia again. As for Orange, well I get a good deal from them with free home broadband, so I will probably stick with them. But as for this forum, what a waste of time and effort. !!!

Hopefully this message will get to peoples inboxes before the mods delete it.

PS I have started leaving my phone switched on and on "silent" all night - seems to stop the problem occuring, although I don't really want the phone left on.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi steceso and others!

Yes, I'm still here and very much following (also) this thread. I've also been trying to reproduce this by testing everything suggested here as cause for the issue (also forwarding them to Nokia R&D). Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be clear pattern for this.

I've seen this issue twice myself in my test device and second time was just today, in similar way as @steceso described; device date was 2nd November when switched on this morning.

Some positive news; just received information from R&D folks that they are confident that the issue will be fixed in upcoming sw release which should be out in not too far future. Also, if I have any updates, I will naturally post them here asap.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Thank you very very much ThreeOs for the fast reply and good news, I really appreciate that you keep following this thread and I also hope that the update will come really soon.

Do someone have a clue about an estimated release date?

By the way (forgive me for using this space instead of a proper topic) I hope the new firmware will bring also general performance improvements (speed and RAM management and so on) and maybe some pleasing changes.

Anyway, the more important thing is that this will be tested accurately so that it will not come with some new bug that make the story repeat. I trust Nokia so I'm sure they will do their best.

Again, thank you ThreeOs, I will wait for some other good news! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.