Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 Date incorrect

Sage
chandana99

Re: X6 Date incorrect

Hi ThreeOs

• Thanks a lot for keeping update on these issues.
  • Hopefully next SW will correct most of the issues.
  • also do hope that Next SW wiil not delete any existing features.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ez2517

On my phone, it happened last time on the 3rd of Nov, when the date was still on 2nd. Maybe it would be useful to collect the dates, maybe they are not random ? It seems there have been more phones that stayed on the 2nd of Nov .... ?

Brandy

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hotmixer2010

Hi, my phone is a nokia X6 16GB with firmware version 21.0.004

I have been experiencing a prevalent bug with this firmware version, the date & time settings automatically reset to an earlier period regularly for some reason, and the date fails to update correctly to the next day on the calendar.

Also, phone is unable to load home screen correctly after wake-up alarm has gone off.

Can you please take note of this and submit to Nokia for investigation and rectification?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Unfortunately I don't know what is the schedule with the sw update or what will be the fixes and updates there but will let you if/when get more details.

@hotmixer2010 - could you describe a bit more that issue with the home screen?

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

Just wondered how many people this has happened to today, turned the phone on, and it was still FRIDAY 5th NOV :smileymad: - instead of Saturday. Battery was full so that was not the reason.

Please use plain text.
Cerastes

It displayed the right date for me today 6 november 2010, although the battery was on only 1 level. so i think its not related to the battery or holding the phone vertically or even the automatic time update... it has to do with the startup process... something is wrong with the startup. I hope this problem get fixed soon or it will afect Nokia's sales dramatically.. everyone is speaking about it in Egypt and people would go for Samsung if this problem presists

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robse_DK

Hi, guys..
As promissed: A little feedback on the test-period. Looking at my spreadsheet, looking for common observations of every log event for every failure, it seams that the error occurs when:

a) Battery less than app. 60% charged,
b) There is a calendar entry on the approaching day,

I have not yet observed a faliure on a day with a blank calender....

Going forward, I'll clear the calendar, and run tests, while updating the spreadsheet.
This will confirm or kill statement b).

I'll be back..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
crunchienut

Robse_DK wrote:

Hi, guys..
As promissed: A little feedback on the test-period. Looking at my spreadsheet, looking for common observations of every log event for every failure, it seams that the error occurs when:

a) Battery less than app. 60% charged,
b) There is a calendar entry on the approaching day,

I have not yet observed a faliure on a day with a blank calender....

Going forward, I'll clear the calendar, and run tests, while updating the spreadsheet.
This will confirm or kill statement b).

I'll be back..

Hi Robse

I can rule out the calendar as a contributor to the problem, I never use the calendar and it happens to my phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Robse_DK

crunchienut: I must agree.. here's why:

Until this morning my unit only failed if there was a calendar entry, and if the battery was less than 60%... but as I have heard before, something is rotten in the state of Denmark :-)))
I guess my nokia read my posting yesterday, because (and now the spooky part):
This morning the unit failed with full battery, and no calendar entries at all.

The only other common details is that I have until now used the hard botton to switch off (press and hold), not the soft botton in the menu that appers, and that it's flat on the table during power off and power on. I have put all kind of info into a spreadsheet every time it happens, and there's only this common details left, in my case anyway.

I'll go and not use hard botton to switch off for a while and see what happens, but I'm running out of ideas. If we are real "lucky" it has nothing to do with user handling / operation.. :-|

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

Well its only been a few days, as I posted earlier on Sat 6th Nov, it decided it was still Friday 5th Nov, and this morning Wednesday 10th was STILL Tuesday 9th Nov (4 days between incorrect dates happening):smileymad:

I have no calendar events or alarm calls etc....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

Have tried both - it makes no difference, I was even at the airport waiting for my son when it went passed midnight, and the date did not change then either
Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

@X6time - you mean, even device was switched on it didn't change the date?

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

Yes it was on when it happened, it was a rare occassion where I had the phone on when the midnight struck to the next day, but on the phone, the time changed but it stayed as the same day and date as before midnight

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

As far as I am concerned I am not wasting any more time on this as I feel no one is taking this serioulsy and posting on here is just a way of keeping us quiet.

However... I had a phone call from a lady at ORANGE this morning, and she wanted all relevant details about this problem, what has been said (and deleted) on this forum, what people have tried etc etc. She has promised that she will escalate the problem with the Orange technical department and they will give me an update in a week or so. At least Orange value their customers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ez2517

or better: at least Orange give their customers the feeling that they care ... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
syorkshire55

OK Ez2517... very clever comment. You sort your own problems out then !

Orange are BRILLIANT. I have around 8 phones connected through them, they look after me, and their call centre staff are the most polite, helpful people I have ever dealt with.

I can easily slip my SIM card in my Motorola and chuck the Nokia in the bin.   :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6time

Once again it was not friday... it stayed as thursdays 11th Nov

So far this month these days have had the problem on my phone all showing the previous day and date.

Sat Nov 6th

Wed Nov 10th

Friday Nov 12th

Trying to see if there is a pattern at all

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@ X6time

• it is an wonderfull observation and thanx for publishing
  • it has happen to me in the excact dates.
  • r there anybody who got it on the same dates.

hi ThreeOs Please make a note on that.

PS: if u find this information is usefull please KUDO me by clicking White star on Green background

Please use plain text.
ThreeOs

@X6time - thanks for the notes and updates. I've forwarded all of them to Nokia R&D folks.

@chandana99 - Sure, I've been checking them myself as well. 4.11 was last time I saw this myself.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

Hi ThreeOs

• Thanx for the quick response
  • we give our maximum support to get rid of these main issues for the bettermant of all Nokia users
Please use plain text.