Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 E-mail problem

sam_u_ell

X6 E-mail problem

My X6 hasn't synced e-mail since April 26th, but it says it's connected and if I check the connection status it always tells me the latest sync has been successful. I have a green circle at the top showing the connection is active.

I've switched the phone off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled the e-mail software, taken the battery out for a while, disconnected and reconnected in the e-mail settings... I can't think of anything else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Re: X6 E-mail problem

Can you browse the internet with no problems? What about the client? Are you on Gmail/Hotmail/Ovi/Yahoo?
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
sam_u_ell

Yes, I can access the web, Facebook, Ovi store etc. As I said even the e-mail program thinks it has an active connection.

I'm using Hotmail.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Do you have an extra email account to test that's not hotmail? To see if its only hotmail that's being affected on your phone, or the entire messaging app.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
enricc

I have the same problem, does not connect the Nokia messaging, and I use 3 different accounts.

Please use plain text.
sam_u_ell

Unfortunately not - my only other e-mail account is my work one and I can't access that through my phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Well, I'm starting to think that Hotmail is the problem. Gmail syncs fine in my Nokia Messaging app, but Hotmail doesnt. Outlook on my PC has detected a couple of new emails from my Hotmail account (I received them yesterday), but my phone hasnt.

Please use plain text.
sam_u_ell

It worked fine for over a year until now (minus a couple of hiccups fixed with a quick delete and reinstall), I don't understand what would stop it. Ah well, I'm due an upgrade in a couple of months anyway, guess I'll just use it for a doorstop till then. Thanks for trying.

Please use plain text.
hornet1314

I have the same problem since 09 May 11.

Internet works on the phone. Emoze can access all of my three e-mail accounts (2x POP + 1x IMAP), but Nokia Messaging can't receive mails.

I can send mails though!!

And everytime I sync, the log claims that the sync was successful, but NO mail is received by the phone.

Phone is an N97, Country is Ireland, Operator is Vodafone.

Please use plain text.