Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6 E-mail problems

Contributor
Paulien

X6 E-mail problems

Hello!!

I've managed to connect my hotmail-account to my Nokia X6. And most of the time it works great! But sometimes, and unfortunately more often, when I want to open my mailbox, it doesn't react. It "hangs" or I get a black screen or it won't sync. The only way I can solve this problem is to shut off my phone completely.

Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Thanks for your reaction!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

try updating your software there is currently issues with nokia messaging at the moment if your going through that service so check if there is a software update for your device via nokia software updater

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paulien

I have checked for new updates, but my phone is completely up-to-date according to the site. (The latest software-release for the Nokia X6-00 is 21.0.004)

Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

try removing the email client then reinstal it

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paulien

I just reinstalled my email account, so I'll check for a couple of days if it helped!

I will keep you informed! Thanks for now! :smileyhappy:

I also have another question now. Before reinstallation I somehow managed to add more personal files from my emailaccount on my nokia. After the reinstallation I only see the Inbox, Outbox, Send, Concepts, Deleted files.

Do you have any idea how I added other files before? I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this maybe an update currently there is issues with messaging at the moment so keep an eye on it over the next while and stay in touch maybe you had a different version i know between my two phones there is extra files on the c6 than my e72

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paulien

I will do so...thanks for now and I will let you know if the problems with my mailaccount has been solved after reinstalling.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paulien

Hi,

Still no improvement with my e-mail problems. It's very weird because most of the time it happens during the day when I 'm at work between 1 o'clock and 3 o'clock in the afternoon. When I'm not at work the email problems usually don't occur.

Could it have anything to do with the location I'm working at? Or is this just a coincidence?

Thanks again!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
omizan

I have also same problem. the mail client software often goes hang and I have need to restart the phone otherwise it can not work. I use E63 and the mail client works very good but X6 not. what is the solution. I update the latest software with ovi suite. thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
muirio

I THINK the reason the phone hangs is because the mail app is actually waiting for you to choose an internet connection to sync with - this was an issue with Spotify on Nokias which they've now sorted.

The only issue is that occasionally you won't get the prompt on screen to select a connection - usually if you're tapping away and the phone is trying to keep up with you. It might also happen if your roaming (3G) access point is in the same 'destinations' group as your home WiFi, in which case I think the phone gets a little confused.

To solve this, I would try going to both your mail app and system settings with regards to network connections:

Firstly, go to your network settings (Settings >> Connectivity >> Destinations) and select your 3G connection. For me, my 3G connection is in the 'WAP Services' folder ON ITS OWN (make sure that your 3G connection is in a different folder to your home WiFi or any other WiFi connections - of which I put mine in the 'Internet' folder). Select your 3G connection, then Options >> Edit. Make sure 'Use access point' is set to AUTOMATICALLY.

Then, make sure you set your mail client to use your roaming (3G) connection by default (I'm guessing you have an unlimited data plan). For that, I would say choose to use 'WAP Services' as my access point as that's where my 3G connection is, but you obviously need to choose the right folder for you.

Hopefully that makes sense - I've read it back to myself and its not that clear but hopefully you catch the drift :smileywink:

Let me know how it goes, but I would be 80% confident it should solve sync issues.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TitanSimba

My tether has finally reached its end with Nokia mail and I now exclusively use Emoze for email. Far more stable than the offerings from Nokia and the options are much better too.

Nokia Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
omizan

I am using only EDGE connection and I never use Wifi or other connection. EDGE connection is my default connection. I setup same email account at two phones. the E63 is running well but X6 is not. I am also found another bug at X6. suddenly its battery meeter shows the battery is empty but some time ago its show the battery is almost full.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paulien

Dear Muirio,

Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry that it took so long for me to react!

I understand what you're trying to say, and I think you might be right about the trying to keep up and getting a bit confused.

The problem is that I am not quite sure how to translate your technical words into the real action in my phone. I went to the Settings -> Connectivity -> Destinations but then you've already lost me with your different folders and access points. That's also because I can't figure out what the difference is between 3G, WAP and others types of internet. I find that very difficult to understand.

Fortunately the problem hasn't occur that much for a couple of weeks, so maybe the problem has solved itself on its own ;-) 

But if the problems keep on happening I will take your explanation to the Nokia Store and hopefully they are technical enough to help me through your explanation!

I thank you very much for your time and expertise

Kind regards

Please use plain text.