Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6: I want a new firmware!!

Advisor
X6BLUE

I would also like the new software! Last update time and the phone is really difficult to use because it is slow!

I wonder if FW 20.7.007 coming. This publication koerassa a few days ago, maybe?

I did not find any official information, but I wonder if this is true and can we get this we will. My phone is 21.0.004 RM-559. I can not wait!

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@X6Blue

• How many applications u have installed after u bought the device ?
  • That means other than the existing apps came with nokia.
  • if so first try to delete them and keep only original apps.
  • Do u use web browser frequently ?
  • If so what is the frequency of clearing the cache?
  • Or u have never cleared the cache after u bought the phone.
  • if so please clear the cache.

these may be very simple things , but may create problems.

PS: if this information is helpfull please click white star on green background.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6BLUE

Only one application is ovistore, Opera Mobile, and 3 who were ready to play.Everything possible is not the phone memory and I use Opera Mobile for almost a daily basis.

Platform phone, but phone is still sticky, I'm not the only one at the time the problem is.FW have corrected this, and certainly correct in the future.

Thanks for your help!
PS. I know a lot of Nokia devices:smileyhappy: But I just want a new FW!

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@X6blue

• can u remove Opera mobile and other application temporarly and chek the speeed
  • (if u like and can be reinstalled only)
  • u can keep OVI Store since it is an Nokia app.

cheers

PS: if this information is helpfull please click white star on green background

Please use plain text.
Advisor
8razzox9

[ Edited ]

You want to have the firmware v.3x and I'm still waiting for the V.21 version : (
Nokia has forsaken us! This terminal is not supported by Nokia as well as by community :smileysad:

Any Nokia X6 32GB has been updated to the v.21 versione?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Autotoonz

steceso wrote:

He didn't mean to contact him, but to use the "Contact us" link on top of the page, which allows you to contact Nokia.

Nokia is aware of the bugs we reported

If Nokia is already aware of these bugs, then I shouldn't need to contact them. In any case, Nokia shipped this model with plenty of known bugs that should have been flagged by their QC process and then fixed immediately.

as Jimmy said, it takes time to correct them all and to test the firmware so that it does not have the bug again.

As I pointed out to Jimmy, it's now taken 1 year to correct exactly zero bugs. Also, Nokia's firmware testing procedures obviously need tightening up, otherwise they will allow more faulty firmware to be released no matter how long they test.

Blaming people like this won't bring anyone anywhere.

In that case, who should I blame to get somewhere? Passing the buck and blame shifting  won't help anyone either.

By the way, if someone have suggestions for the new firmware they can use this topic (not to blame or other, only suggest) and can report bugs here so that we can collect all things in just two topics.

I'm suggesting that almost all the bugs are listed here, and that we are long overdue for fixes. Nokia has now released new models that supersede the X6, no doubt in my mind that Nokia has now put these bugs as low priority because they don't need to sell any more of the troublesome X6 models.

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

I can understand your feelings and agree with you when you say that Nokia phones come with bugs that shouldn't be there.

One thing I ask to myself is: if they share the same OS, how is it possible that the same features (not the ones that are unique for each phone model, but the very basic ones like the time processing, just to pick the worst) are so different that one has a very bad bug that the others don't have?

Anyway, last firmware came out in June, so it's "only" five months old. Too much for a phone with that kind of bugs, but it's not too late for an update (obviously I hope it will come as soon as possible, but also want a solid and tested one, with some noticeable improvements and not just a patch).

You are right, there are new models and obviously Nokia is concentrating on them, but X6 is still the top of the Xseries, so is the best in that (at least until the X7) and is being sold just now with some Christmas offers which will increase the number of owners.

For these reasons I am confident that Nokia developers will make their best to correct at least the reported bugs and improve the phone to the best level a Symbian 5th can reach.

It has the potential to be one of the best Symbian 5th phones (with its capacitive screen and the complete set of features), it's up to Nokia to make this happen and I hope so.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Autotoonz

steceso wrote:

For these reasons I am confident that Nokia developers will make their best to correct at least the reported bugs and improve the phone to the best level a Symbian 5th can reach.

It has the potential to be one of the best Symbian 5th phones (with its capacitive screen and the complete set of features), it's up to Nokia to make this happen and I hope so.

I'm not confident that these bugs will be corrected, because 1 year has passed and none of the bugs have been fixed. That's why this bug list was started, due to frustration by X6 owners about Nokia's complete lack of response.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

Hi all,

Good news! New SW (or firmware) for X6 should start to roll-out during next week.

Please note that it may not be available for all variants right away, but for the first ones, next week should be it.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Sage
steceso

Great to hear this!

Do you know if they managed to solve the date bug, and maybe some other feature this will introduce?

Anyway thanks for the news!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dom1911

Nice to hear that, though T-Mobile Germany still hasnt released ANY update for their X6 16gb MYCommunity.

Is visiting an NSC near me and ask them for an update the option to take for me? Or would they refuse to install a neutral nokia FW?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
X6BLUE

REALLY good news is that new software is coming.

I hope that this software much because you have not come up to a decent music player software, for example, is full of **bleep**, ugh!

Also, the last update for a long time. Maybe we get a big update. Widget-like display would be awesome N97mini or C6. I do not know this daily Nokia Symbian Symbian OS 3, but maybe 2? Hopefully someone here rarpotoi changes as soon as you have updated!

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

@ ThreeOs

• Thanks lot for the good news.
  • sure all are awaiting for this moment

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Autotoonz

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fortega

Please ThreeOs, i expect you'll include all the benefits from some "custom firmware"s that are over the net, in order to improve cache, velocity and so on, thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
ThreeOs

[ Edited ]

@fortega - I thank you for you confidence, but I trust you know that I'm not the one who makes that decision. What I will do though, is that I will do my best to get every bug/issue/problem (that I see here) reported to Nokia R&D.

-ThreeOs

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dom1911

@ThreeOS:

If passing on info is your mission, please inform the responsible people that T-Mobile is horrible slow with approving Firmware updates(still v10 as newest).

Additionally, could u tell me if debranding my device in a NSC is covered by guarantee, is an action I'D have to pay or is impossible?

Regards,

Dom

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Autotoonz

I might debrand mine too, stuff the warranty. I've waited long enough as it is without enduring yet another delay, caused by some incompetent middle manager who can't press the right button on an e-form!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dom1911

Well, if I trust my local NSC, the warranty isn't touched by debranding. Nevertheless, they charge me 29€ for it, as installing a neutral FW on a branded device is not covered by warranty, if they didn't lie.

I think I goanna go there tomorrow to finally get rid of that TMobile Branding, so that I also can enjoy the full capabilities of the X6  or have at least a more stable version :smileyvery-happy:.

Regards,

Dom

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Autotoonz

These codes are listed for Finland, maybe they would be the best bet? So far, nobody seems to have approved the latest version.

0599024: Nokia X6 RM-559 Country Variant Finland FI BLACK_BLACK_Free_Navi_V2
0599024: Nokia X6 RM-559 Country Variant Finland FI BLACK_BLACK_Free_Navi_V2
0593613: Nokia X6 RM-559 Country Variant Finland FI CWM_DARK_RED_FREE_Navi_V2_COLOR
0593613: Nokia X6 RM-559 Country Variant Finland FI CWM_DARK_RED_FREE_Navi_V2_COLOR
0593296: Nokia X6 RM-559 Country Variant Finland FI CWM_LIGHT_BLUE_Free_Navi_V2
0593296: Nokia X6 RM-559 Country Variant Finland FI CWM_LIGHT_BLUE_Free_Navi_V2

Please use plain text.