Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 Touch Screen Problems

Registered Member
srivijay2005

X6 Touch Screen Problems

Hi All,

I have bought Nokia X6 3 months back. From day one I have some problems in my touch. When I click on some icons the icon next to it gets selected. 

This issue gets OK for some time if I remove the battery for some time and switch ON the mobile.

(But it does not always work).

I gave my mobile to Nokia Priority 2 times. First they told, they have adjusted touch capacitor. On the second service they upgraded my Firmware to 20. Even after this the problem exists.

Sometimes, right corner icons are not working.

Do any one face this problem. Please do the needful

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
biminibob

Re: X6 Touch Screen Problems

I have a similar problem but just with the top right media button which doesn't work on my X6.  The screen works fine for me everywhere else though.

Bob

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

since the problem remains, ask them to replace the screen and the touch panel.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Advisor
deepuk

same issue .............but not as serious as yours

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TroyUrquhart

Hi, I bought my Nokia X6 in Feb 2010. And I have now started to have numerous problems with my mobile. And now Nothing works on my touch screen except for right at the bottom. I have not wet the phone or dropped on hard sufaces. Has any one else had the same problem? and what did you do?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

do as i mentioned in my post above.
the touch panel might be faulty.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pkuma

"Option" and "Back" button is not working. All other features are working fine.

Went to Nokia service center. They installed the latest version of software and they told it got repaired, but I have no idea what got repaired. Its even worst now...

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
JEREMY100

Nokia don't even realise that the X6 has a capacitive screen and NOT a resistive screen, and this is their product. There is most certainly a problem with the touch sensistivity of the X6 screen, and don't look for the screen calibration as Nokia asks customer to do,  why? simply you cannot calibrate this screen. Would be far better if there customer service people could speak English as well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xuyiqi

[ Edited ]

Same here!  Bought this one in May 2010.  The problems started in August.

It happened under certain scenarios, e.g. if i put it in my jean's pocket or go to a friend's house.

I can't figure out exactly in what case will it fail.  but when it does, the buttons next to where i press it is pressed.  and only a small area of the screen works. 

In other cases, the corner or edge area buttons are in more serious problems than those in the middle.

Since it's intermittent, i highly doubt that the service department will do anything about it and I don't wanna live without my phone for 2 weeks.

This is driving me crazy.  next time either I will buy a qwerty phone or I'll give up on nokia.

Please use plain text.
darkbloom

hi. i bought my x6 in australia and the warranty only is valid there which is a pill coz im in europe now. but when im browsing the web i have to tap the bottom right corner to get options, like 20 times... its quite embarrassing when in public.. has anyone else had that problem ???

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

If you have read the Nokia warranty you will find that, like most products these days the warranty only applies in the country or region of purchase. Very few manufacturers have international warranties these days. (eg: The warranty on my Panasonic TV and Blue - Ray Recorder is only valid in Australia). As I have said on numerous occassions there is no substitute for research before making a purchase. Would you buy a car before doing your research? I have little time for people who buy a product without doing their research and then blame the manufacturer instead of themselves. As for your second point yes, I agree with you. It is most annoying to have to repeatedly tap the bottom right corner of the screen to get it to do something. Unfortunately there is no way to calibrate the screen. I think this is something that Nokia/Symbian need to address.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zantomas

hy from italy. i've had the same problem. unfortunately it is intemittent so i hope that future releases of software would eliminate the problem. sometimes when the touch screen fail i simply blok and unblok the phone (with the slider) and then it works. i've also experimented total failure of the screen (didn't respond anywere on the surface) as i use a rubber shell around the phone, but the problem disapperars touching the body of the phone with the skin of one hand, like if it's necessary to charge one hand and to discharge trough the other.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

all these faults with the x6. mine is brill and ive got no problems with it at all
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Sometimes to fix the screen problem I hit the menu key and go back to the homecreen and start again. Not ideal but it seems to work.

Please use plain text.
guernican

@bazyeo

What a helpful thing to say. Marvellous.

Thing is, it's relatively easy to test-drive a car and get your head round it before spending thousands and thousands of pounds on it. Whereas it's not so easy to ask Nokia, or your service provider, if they'll lend you a phone for a month so you can discover whether it has fundamental design and technical flaws.

For the record, I've had an X6 since March. It's becoming clearer and clearer, as apps are downloaded and the usual wear and tear of a phone's life starts to take its toll, that...

- the touchscreen is laughably poor compared with competing models. Even leaving aside the iPhone, which isn't really a direct competitor because of the much higher inherent cost, competitive Samsung models like the Galaxy S are clearer far more robust, far better made and far more responsive.

In the 12 years I've owned mobile phones, I've always - always - bought Nokia. THe build quality has been consistently good. The user interface is, for me, the most intuitive on the market. After owning an X6, I'll never buy another one. It's been an incredible disappointment, and it's taken living with one for 6 months to really tell that that's the case.

Still, your argument about cars is excellent. It really is a perfect analogy. You must be proud of it.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@guernican

The point I am trying to make is that before you buy a product you need to do your research.If you buy a product on name without doing research and then find the product does not suit you then DO NOT BLAME THE MANUFACTURER. You only have yourself to blame. Before I bought my X6 the person I bought it from demonstrated it for me and also let me have a play with it.. Not much different to buying a car. You take it for a test drive - usually ten or fifteen minutes or so.  You say you can't ask Nokia or a service provider to lend you a phone for a month or so. Well a car dealer wont do that also. If you take a car for a test drive the sales person comes with you and it is only for a short time. No different to buying a phone or TV or anything else. So your argument is rather unintelligent and does not make sense.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ez2517

Well, bayzeo, you ignore the fact that most phones are bought not in stores but over the internet these days (what is usually not done with cars). I bought mine over Amazon too. When i bought it i tried to find a store where i could try it, but didnt find one, my network operator does not sell the X6 either. And even when i buy something over the internet, i expect it to work correctly. Mine does btw, otherwise i would have sent it back to Amazon.

Best regards, Brandy

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

I gave up buying things over the Internet and have gone back to buying from local stores.

First you get personal service. If I have a problem I can speak to a person face to face and get advice. Two. It keeps the local stores in business and helps the loca lemployment.

Three. You can see what you are buying before you buy it.

If you want to buy from the internet then thats your decision but if the item that you bought does not work properly or is damaged etc. then you only have your self to blame. And remember no device or product is perfect. Any product that is mass produced can have manufacturing faults that is why manufacturers give warranties. And if you buy from the internet then you have big problems getting warranty service. If you want to buy from the internet and something goes wrong don't blame the manufacturer of the product, blame yourself for buying from the internet instead of locally.

It all comes down to commonsense which seems to be lacking in a lot of people.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ez2517

sorry, what has a faulty product to do with common sense of buyers ?

1. i repeat, the X6 was NOT available at local stores around here, and i trusted Nokia since all previous nokias i have owned were hassle free.

2. buying at Amazon has proven to me more secure than buying at local stores many times. They accept return of the item without any argument, something you can not say from many stores.In two cases they returned the full amount after i had to return items after more than one year.

3. if i would want to return the X6 lets say for the date problem (date is sometimes not changed during night, see other thread here) - no problem at Amazon. The local dealer most probably would send me over to Nokias care center, or would send the device over to Nokia to fix it, both ways useless since Nokia seems unable to fix the problem. So which buyer is in the better position ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rukfuelz91

did anyones problem got solved??

any software update anything??

Please use plain text.