Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 - Weird Double Arrow under signal bars after up...

Contributor
pandahippo

X6 - Weird Double Arrow under signal bars after update.

Hi guys. I noticed that after the update, i keep seeing these unusual double headed arrows under the signal strength bars. (Under the "3.5G")

Last time, it used to be just 2 single headed arrows, what exactly does this mean?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X6 - Weird Double Arrow under signal bars after update.

Don't think there is any difference.. It should denote the same as earlier..as mentioned on Pg. No. 31 of the User_Guide ...

Just curious.. whether the Theme has been changed ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pandahippo

Not sure why, but sometimes, it changes to single arrow yet sometimes double, so i dun think it is the same.

and what do you mean by theme change? everyting looks the same theme-wise, and no new settings in themes too.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Have you any apps running or installed that require an internet connection?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pandahippo

Yes, which is why he single-headed arrow was not suprise. i always have that before the update, but not the double one.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

well remove the apps if your concerned about data charges or if you have mail change setting to check manually

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pandahippo

no, i have a data plan and i'm not worried about data charges. my phone also had the single-headed arrow since i intetionally have apps connecting through 3G all the time.

my question is, after the update to 40.0.002, this weird double-headed arrows start popping out occassionally. so i was wondering what that exactly meant since i never saw it before.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mike_romo

I saw these double-headed arrows on my c6-01 for the first time today, and so I googled it and came acroos this discussion thread. I live in Mexico City, and I just figured out that the symbol appears when I open a WAP portal while updating other stuff through packet data connection. Therefore, the double-headed arrows would mean two different packet data connections running at the same time. Does this sound reasonable?
Please use plain text.