Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6 always connecting to internet with v40 firm...

Advisor

X6 always connecting to internet with v40 firmware without permission

After updating it to v40 months ago in November, every single day the phone connects to the internet via 3G/GPRS. At first i didn't noticed it was doing that, but after a month i discoved it when i was brwosing the Log. It connects 2 or 3 times a day without even asking me!

I managed to stop it by changing the access point options to ask user name and password, and every time it tries to connect i cancel it. But doing that everyday since November it's getting on my nerves.

The apps i have now are the same i had before the firmware update and the phone didn't behave like that. What the hell is going on?

Also, when i turn on the phone there's an annoying "Nokia account" pop-up asking for my password and a "sign in automatic" option.

Please, anyone, help stop this things. The only thing i've done was updating the firmware to v40. Nothing more.

Please use plain text.
smuralireddy

Re: X6 always connecting to internet with v40 firmware without permission

Try hard resetting the phone. Let me know if it doesn't work

Please use plain text.
Sage
chandana99

hi try this

* go settings/connectivity/admin.settings/

and in the first menu select connection and select when needed

cheers

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hard reset it's not an option for me. There must be a program intalled in the latest firmware that always tries to connect to GPRS/3G.

I have "when needed" option selected, so the phone connects to internet because it needs to do so. But it only started to do that after i installed firmware v40. The only way to block it is by changing the access point
options to ask user name and password, and
every time it tries to connect, i cancel it.
Please use plain text.