Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X6 firmware update to V40 installation - fail loop...

Registered Member
Grayzza

X6 firmware update to V40 installation - fail loop in Ovi and total failure in Nokia Suite

Hi

My Nokia X6 16GB will not update to V40 through Ovi, Nokia Suite or PC Suite.

The phone knows the V40 update is availablefor but wont let me update OTA as it wants me to use the PC to update which is where the problem begins;

Ovi suite knows it needs V40 as well and gets as far as doing the backup, it detects a USB connection then gets in an endless loop where it loses then gains the USB connection (you have to press next everytime).

PC Suite doesn't work at all

Nokia Suite - occasionally connects and it can see the update but loses the connection almost immediatley between it and the phone and I have to start again (the phoen itself remains connected to the PC. Nokia Suite also does some strange things to the screen, which ciorrupts 50% of the time but is cured if repaired only to fail again. No joy on that count

I have tried every possible combination of reloading, wiping, deleting the various nokia elements etc etc. Ovi gets me closest and is the most stable of all the suite's but still wont finsih the job

I'm at my wits end. Geniuses please step forward

Cheers Grayzza

PC is Core 2 Quad, W7 Home Prem 64 SP1, 4GB RAM. All drivers up to date, no viruses.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X6 firmware update to V40 installation - fail loop in Ovi and total failure in Nokia Suite

Hope you are with the latest version of Nokia suite ..Else, you may download from here ...

Also confirm that the Anti-virus and the Windows Firewalls are disabled...

You may also try updating thru' Nokia Software Updater ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Grayzza

Re: X6 firmware update to V40 installation - fail loop in Ovi and total failure in Nokia Suite

Hi Farby

Thanks for this, however despite disabling virus/firewall etc no success.

Nokia SUite is up to date

Software Updater loads but gets stuck on install stage so no success with that either.

So I still can't get past the looping USB lost/USB connected phase when installing V40. However, I was able to update MAPs throught Nokia Suite with no problem. Weird

Any other solutions you can think of?

Cheers

Grayzza

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You mentioned..it goes into endless loop of USB disconnected -->connected.. How many times it is happening ? Just to clarify, the phone switches OFF and ON on its own quite some times during the Update process.. When it switches OFF the USB connection is lost and when it switches ON the connection is re-established.. Hope this is not the case... If it is, then just leave the phone connected and let the process completed...

Please use plain text.