Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X7-00 phone update

Advisor
ionutpc

X7-00 phone update

I'm using a Nokia X7-00 with software version 021.006. When trying to update the X7 phone software I get the message your phone is up to date ....  I saw in nokia page that version 025.007 is the last . What can i do ??? Sorry for my english 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BenDover

Re: X7-00 phone update

Yeah, i'm running v022.008 (which is not the latest version) and I get the same message.  I believe this is because it depends on your Service Provider.  All service providers, esp. in North America, typically do not support the latest version of OS/firmware.  This is frustrating.  It would be helpful if they would provide us with a roadmap at least, so we'd know which phones to avoid buying.  I'm with Rogers (Canada) and I'd really like to know if they will support the OS upgrade to Symbian^3 Belle... I was counting on it when I upgraded to this phone (but who knows what they'll do, esp. now that Nokia is overhauling (or yanking) their OS and going with Windows7 Mobile.

If anyone from Nokia is reading this, pls do your best to influence our turtle-esque SP's in North America to support the upgrade to Belle... Tks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ionutpc wrote:

I'm using a Nokia X7-00 with software version 021.006. When trying to update the X7 phone software I get the message your phone is up to date ....  I saw in nokia page that version 025.007 is the last . What can i do ??? Sorry for my english 

Availability of updates depend on Product Code / Region. Also, if the phone is Network locked, then its possible to update only after an approval from the Operator.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BenDover

How did you change the Prod Code?  And, is your phone locked to your Operator's network?  Do you have special OS customizations for your Operator?  Tks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ionutpc

it's unlocked .it's not customized

Please use plain text.