Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

battery drainage

chesterlord

battery drainage

Since i recharged my N8 with mobile data..i hve been getting quite a minimum of battery life, around 5 hrs. Max. My mobile is not connected to the internet 24x7. Hardly 5 hours a day with 30 mins of video and song downloads. I do use whatsapp and after use i close it from the task manager.
P.S :- my N8 is not continiously connected for 5 hours..during the day atleast 5hrs is what i meant.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: battery drainage

How old is the phone?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Sage
peterh338

chesterlord

my phone is 9 months and 5 days old..
chesterlord

That is not my problem peterh 338 i demand for just 9-10hrs of battery life
Mobile Overlord
farby

Not clear what you mean by 'Since i recharged my N8 with mobile data...' . Were you using the Mobile data earlier or not ? Has this problem come up only after you started using the Data ? Or has it started after you started using WhatsApp ? Doubt whether you can stop that application thru' Task manager since the application is supposed to be always connected to the net ...

chesterlord

i started using Mobile Data 20 days back..whatsapp is nt the problem for sure..and after usuage i close the mobile data iption from the scroll down bar in the homescreen area.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Once you have closed mobile data.. can you check again after some time (say 20-30 minutes) that its still OFF ..?

chesterlord

yess i can check if its off or on..