Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

block incoming calls?

Advisor

block incoming calls?

Quick question really.

Is it possible to either block/bar or simple change the ring tone that rings when specific numbers call your phone, on either the N82 or N78?

If the latter is possible (the one i'm kinda more interested to know i suppose) could you make it so that no matter what mode the phone was in (vibrate, loud sound, whatever) when a specific number called it'd be silent?

If this is possible, is the same possible with incoming text messages?
Professor
jericho

Re: block incoming calls?

you can assign a specific ringtone for your contacts..but with blocking incoming calls..you need to install a third party for that..quite a number of them on the web..try searching..
Mobile Guru
grayburn

Handy Blacklist is a good option,works very well.
Grayburn @ www.nokiausers.net & www.dailymobile.se....come say Hello!!!
If you appreciate ANY help from a member,then show it by clicking on the Blue Star button, cheers :smileywink:
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

This program will do the job for blocking calls:
www.smartphoneware.com/blacklist-for-s60-3rd-edition-product.php

Not seen anything that can do it for text messages.
Professor
jericho

hmm..i think i have come across an app that automatically destroy/deletes unwanted SMS from a specified numbers..gonna have a look on that..
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That sounds good, let us know what you find. :smileyhappy:
Professor
navigator

it works really well.i tried on my cell.thanks psychomania.:smileyhappy:
tongue is too confused on what to speak
Advisor

awesome stuff, thanks a lot for all your replies, I'll check out some of those thirdparty apps.

Simply changing the ringtone will work to an extent though, so I'll see how that works out.

awesome :smileyhappy: so on a slighty side, which would you say is more worth having, the N82 or N78? bar the difference in MP in the camera, i cant see any difference!
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]
With the N78 not being available quite yet it's difficult to say.

Ignoring the N82's award winning xenon flash camera then I would probably lean more toward the N78. Purely because it has a newer version of the operating system. My main concerns would be speed and stability because it's not fully known yet.

Personally I have no plans to change from an N82 as I love it's camera and it's fast and stable.

Message Edited by psychomania on 22-May-2008 11:33 AM
Registered Member
arunas2218

simple.just go to mobile9.com   enter your phone model and filter sofware CALL BLOCKER.here u go.

Mobile Sensei
carman58

I have a CRAZY notion that the original poster may have either solved the issue, or perhaps changed his handset by now, however, excellent tip if he hasn't :smileyvery-happy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Registered Member
Janus

May be this App can help you : http://store.ovi.com/content/271391