Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

blocking of mobile using imei number

Registered Member

blocking of mobile using imei number

[ Edited ]
hi evryone my mobile was stolen n i want to block it so tht it is of no use for anyboby so please help me to solve this

Message Edited by parag1986 on 30-Oct-2008 04:06 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: blocking of mobile using imei number

My 9300 is also stolen. How to block it? Pl advise. I have the registration number.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: blocking of mobile using emi number

All you can do is report it to your mobile operator. They will possibly block the IMEI number from using their network.

If you're sure the phone has been stolen and not just lost, report it to local police as well.

Unfortunately there's no such thing as a global database subscribed to by all operators blocking the use of a mobile phone on any network.

The main thing you're worried about, though, is someone running up a bill on your phone. That won't happen if you inform your operator that the phone was stolen. They will block the SIM card since that is what makes the phone "yours".

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srenureddy

[ Edited ]

i venugopal bought moble last three months back 09-04-2011 i loss my mobile in bus so kindly block this mobile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have edited and remove the IMEI on your post, personal details like email address/mobile number/real name etc. We encourage user not to post this information on the Nokia discussion for security and privacy purposes.

Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Hi Venu,

This is a User-to-User forum ... so no one here can do that.. In fact even Nokia will not do that for you.. You will have to contact your Operator and see if they can help you... but you will have to make a Police Complain for that and produce a copy of that for the Operator to take any action...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iamarjun

[ Edited ]

NOKIA   E63 STOLEN 

HOW TO BLOCK IT USING IMEI   ???????

DETAILS ATTACHED 

Moderator's Note: We have removed the attachment that you have included in the post since we do not allow disclosure of personal information such as IMEI and contact information to protect your privacy and security.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

All you can do is to report it to the police, and then also to your network operator (carrier, service provider), and possibly also your insurance company (in case you have specific insurance, or it is covered by some general "home insurance").

The operator might block the IMEI, if you report it as stolen (they may require proof-of-purchase and a copy of the police report), and they might share the list of blocked IMEIs with other operator's, but there are so many phones in use (billions) and so many reported as lost/stolen, that I suspect managing such lists starts to be very impractical (i.e., not done).

Please use plain text.
jackeyj

Hello,

I lost my Nokia N8 in Bangalore, India. It was stolen in the public bus. I have the IMEI number with me and I have filed a police complaint. But when I approached the service provider(vodafone), they are telling they will not be able to block it. Can anyone help me in this regard? what should be my next step?

Thanks in advance.

Jackey

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

The network operator may or may not bother to "blacklist" (block) IMEI numbers. If their policy is not to do it, I'm afraid that there is nothing that anyone here can do to change their mind.

Note also that blocking it on one network does not necessarily mean that another network (even in the same country) will do so (they might not be sharing any such lists).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Think, they do not want to help the customers in India.. If you refer this on the Vodafone Australia site.. it says "This is part of an industry-wide initiative...".. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
debajyoti

How to block an imei self?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

debajyoti wrote:
How to block an imei self?

Can't do that .. You need to contact your Operator ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
siri3492

hi evryone my mobile was stolen n i want to block it by its imei number so tht it is of no use for anyboby so please help me to solve this.. i contacted to cyber police station nd nokia care centres no one is responding for dat.. pls hlp me out

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The people you should contact are your local Police and your network. They are the only ones who can do anything. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zeneriq

[ Edited ]

SIR MY LUMIA 720 IS LOST... PLEASE DO ME A FAVOUR BY BLOCKING THE IMEI NUMBER TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED USAGE. I HAVE MADE SIM LOCKED BUT IN EXTREME AGONY AND PAIN.

MY DETAILS OF DEVICE-

NOKIA LUMIA 720 BLACK

CH-4090493142690512349

TIN/SRN NO. 21021113402

INVOICE NO. 0891

I WILL BE OBLIGED TO YOU. (I HAVE MY ORIGINAL RECEIPT)

SAURABH SIDDHARTHA

Moderator's note: We removed the phone information (IMEI, invoice number and contact details) mentioned in the message. Posting of this information on the Nokia Support Discussions is not allowed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

As previously said, the people you have to contact are your network and the police. There is nothing Nokia can do for you.

Please use plain text.