Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

'c' memory low on Nokia E7-00

Contributor
c4884b
Accepted Solution

'c' memory low on Nokia E7-00

I keep getting the 'C' memory low message.  I only have 17.7mb left

I have most items on E mass memory.  I Have gone through the C memory and the below are the only items with any significant file size.

Config = 86kb, Log = 157kb, Mail for exchange 26kb, Place widget 17kb, Sound files 118kb, adimagetemp 12kb, Bur_debug 43kb, debug.log 21kb, ka3d-log.txt 89kb, MdfpluginArchive.txt 27kb, 

Everything else is eithr 0 or bytes only, with about three more less than 10kb each.

Can anyone help me with what I can delete safely.  I am no expert, however I do not see why the above quantity should be using up so much on the C memory?  

I have taken back to factory settings and transferred data to PC under Nokia Suite Make Space option.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: 'c' memory low on Nokia E7-00

A couple more things you can try are:

1. Clear browser cache
  2. Delete unecessary  messages/emails
  3. Uninstall apps you don't use
  4. Use a file manager to delete cache files in \cache or temp files in \system\temp

Please use plain text.
Contributor
c4884b

Thanks for the advise.  Is there a quick way of deleting messages (I have loads on my phone) and also, you mention using a file manager.  Do you recommend any from the app store?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

With messages you should be able to mark a whole bunch of them by long pressing them to delete. 

I used to use y browser but don't know if it works with belle. Don't spend much time with with my symbian phones anymore unfortunately. However, any browser that allows you to have a look at the folders and files should do. You probably already have one if you are aldeady looking at the files on your C: memory.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
c4884b

Thanks, now have 37.8mb space on C memory
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

That's a good start. You should keep going a free up a bit more while you are at it. :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mushroomlolz

hehe.. I had 100mb in my c: (E7) my bro had 150 mb free in his e7 too..
mushrooms
Please use plain text.
Advisor
himeshshah

@ CJLim

Is there any way to view the data sizes of all data in C?

I tried file manager but the results it gives are difficult for me to make anything out it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raj300986

Dear Sir,

I am facing the same problem, as a result I had deleted the temp folder, still the problem is there, please advice some solution.

Regards,

Raj

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.