Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: c series known as?

Counsellor
Rainbow7

c series known as?

n series known as music and e series known as bussiness and c series known as??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

They are called The core range of phones, with a focus of affordability.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rainbow7

explain this

The core range of phones, with a focus of affordability.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

I just did explain it.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

[ Edited ]

it seems the c series advertising for social networking and sharing mainly but i think (not sure) it stands for compact
looks like c series has got almost all the features from the other series with less power ...... so it depence which one of the e or n series will clone or copy,

example c 7 is almost same with n8 (apart the body desing) as having same spesifications with lower resolution - example 12 mp camera the n8, 8 the c7.or lower memory 16 gb build in memory the n8, 8 gb the c7. hdmi the n8 as it supose to be entrtaiment - tv out for c7 the basic      and so on)

so still has what the n8 got in more simplicity

thats make it cheaper more friendly in our pocket

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

C series replaed the older more basic and fashionable series of phones. I think it stands for "Classic" since the phones in this is more for style, like the old 6500 classic and its ilk.

N-series I used to think really stood for "Nokia". It was the oldest series and simply contained their "best" phones.

The OP was wrong that the Nseries was for music, as music belongs to the X series, stands for "Xpressmusic". These guys have a different music interface (for s40 models) than other models of same range. The s60 versions furthermore I think have other capabilities above other s60 phones such as lyrics view in music player (my friend's C6 doesnt have this).

Eseries is for business (I think executive?) and thats it.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

I think that C-series are optimized for socialization ('social phones'). N-series are 'multimedia phones'. E-series are 'business phones'. 5000series are 'music phones'. X-series are 'entertainment phones'.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

There's no 5000 series anymore. The 5230 was the last one, and it wasnt an Xpressmusic. The Xpressmusic lineup has been replaced by X-series.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

“C” is the designation for Nokia’s “core range”, and the number indicates whereabouts in the range the phone fits on a scale of 1 to 9

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

chanchan05 wrote:
There's no 5000 series anymore. The 5230 was the last one, and it wasnt an Xpressmusic. The Xpressmusic lineup has been replaced by X-series.

Hmm.. you are right. X-series phones play the role of the old 'Xpressmusic' phones now...

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.