Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

c5-03 cache memory full problem

Counsellor
denialist

c5-03 cache memory full problem

Hi everyone, i have a veyr annoying problem with this phone while browsing internet it constantly keep alerting me that the "phone memory is full, please close some applications" is there a way to fix it? i do not have any programs installed onto phone memory, just the ones from the developer. please help, as far as i know it doesnt occure in other phones even earlier editions....

p.s i use now opera mobile

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: c5-03 cache memory full problem

That message is because of no RAM left for the phone to perform task and Opera mobile is one such application which needs more RAM. C5-03 and other S60v5 devices have limited(between 40 to 55Meg) free RAM left for applications which isn't sufficient for running more than one app like Opera mobile, use Opera mini you won't get any memory full errors.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mmeeg

same problem , although the mobile is great , but it can't be that it can't achieve one single application like ovi map navigator

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cb2000

I uninstalled Opera and reset the phone, re-installing my paid for applications from the OVI website. I now have only 10 mb left in the phone memory although I can't see what's hogging the memory. I don't want to go through the whole tiresome business again, but I do like Opera, and all my other phones (Sony Ericsson) have run this software with no problem for years. I don't want to install Opera Mini and have the phone crash again - is only 10 mb spare enough to run Opera Mini?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nik8880068400

[ Edited ]

I am faceing the same problem,i select the memory card for the installation of the application and it ends up takeing space in the phone memory.Have you found any solution for the same ?? please email me in case you do

Moderator's note: Email address removed. It is not wise to publish your personal information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
smshaaban

Same here. Nokia Store and web browser close automatically and I get the same message. I have only 12 MB empty on my phone memory. When I browse it I find many empty folders, no way to know what is wasting memory.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Denialist

Have you tried to remove some saved web pages. Clear the web browser cache to free some phone memory to do this select Options > Clear privacy data > Cache. Hopefully that will help speed up your phone again, please let me know if you continue having problems.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
smshaaban

I emptied the cache but it's still only low12 MB left. Don't have any saved web pages. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vishakpv

Use netquin antivirus 5,stop uncersery application runnig them you will regain the the lost memory
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deivikdr

Hi use opera mini instead of opera mobile your problem will be sloved.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deivikdr

Netqin guard is available in nokia store use the file manager in it to delete unwanted files.Do it at your own risk because more system files are present in phone memory.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Rooky56

I have the same problem. Send it already twice to the Nokia repair shop. Coming everytime back. I have no extra apps installed. I will send it now for the third time to Nokia.
Please use plain text.
eleba

install Netqin on your device
Please use plain text.