Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: c6-01 What an earth is a breathing light?!

Advisor
reg091
Accepted Solution

c6-01 What an earth is a breathing light?!

I have two settings: notification light (I understand that; it makes the centre button flash when there is a message etc), and a Breathing Light. Any ideas?

(I can't believe phones don't come with manuals anymore! I am having to ask the most basic questions on here!).

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

lol.. I tried to find out once too, but gave up. Hopefully someone will put us out of our misery and let us know soon
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

this breathing light is to let you know your phone is alive and well so to speak also its there for notification purposes such as missed calls text and mail

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Thanks.. sorry if I'm being really thick, but on my phone (C7) I still can't see what it does. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I have it enabled or disabled. When I have missed calls etc my menu button flashes. This light stays illuminated whenever I'm using my phone and goes out when I'm not.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Thats normal nothing wrong there.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

notification light will keep flashing only when you have a pending notification like missed call or message.Breathing light will show you that your phone is "alive" and is connected.Well, I guess the pattern of these two is different- though I am not sure as I have not checked it.As for me I keep breathing light off and notification light on.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Yes, I just wondered if there was some extra functionality which I wasn't aware of, but I guess not. This light does the same thing whether I enable breathing light or not.

It would be nice if breathing light enabled made it blink once every 10 seconds to indicate it's "breathing", or twice every 10 seconds to alert missed calls or for new messages. But since I have an amoled screensaver showing the current time, there could be no better way to know the phone is breathing than this.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

When breathing light is activated, it will light up once and fade out once every 10 or 15 seconds (depending on phone model). When there is a missed even like a message, it will light up within the same time frame, but instead of just one light up and fade away, it will blink twice or thrice (again depending on phone model).

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

Ok thanks. Maybe on the C7 this functionality is disabled. It appears to be on mine anyway.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Not sure of the menu structure if same on S^3, but try to go to Menu>Settings>Phone>Notification Light> there will be two choices, breathing light and notification light. Breathing light will control the 1 blink every 10 seconds. Notification Light will control the double blink every 10 seconds when there is a missed event.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.