Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

c6 software

Counsellor
konathalalokesh

c6 software

Latest software release for Nokia C6-00 is 42.2.004 but i am having version on my phone 41.1.010 version by going to Menu -> Applications -> Tools -> SW Update ....... It is not showing that i have further update to my phone why???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: c6 software

Did you check thru' Nokia Suite also. If the result is same it is because.. Availability of update depends on Product Code / Region. Also, for network locked devices, update is possible only after an approval from the Operator. Hence, even if an update is released, it need not be for your particular device.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
konathalalokesh

no i didnt checked it with my pc . And i even dont know my product code and i am from andhra pradesh in india.with operator airtel
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Then first you check thru' Nokia Suite. Connect the phone to PC thru' USb. Open Nokia Suite-->Tools-->Software Updates. If it shows an availability, Read and follow instructions carefully. 

The Product Code should be written under the Battery. But even if you know that, unless the availability is shown, you can't update. 

..and Network locked means the phone is bought thru' your Operator along with the SIM at special rate as a package. If you bought it from Authorised Nokia Dealer and just got the Airtel connection should not put you in restricted catagory as mentioned earlier. 

As a last go, you may visit your local Nokia Care and ask whether they can update the device.

Please use plain text.
XTREMEGUY

Hai im using Nokia c6-00 and i would like to update my software so please tell me how to update and which is the correct version to update ....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Read the post above for details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.