Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: caller id not appearing in nokia 5230

Advisor
divyaanumod
Accepted Solution

caller id not appearing in nokia 5230

I am using nokia 5230. some of my  contacts are saved in phone memory and some in sim memory. But now if anybody calls me neither the caontact name nor the contact number is apperaing. It simply shows call1 calling. And in the call list (missed, recieved)n its showing as no number. How to solve this?

Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

Try calling to this number.*#30#
Please use plain text.
Advisor
divyaanumod

Getting a message " number of the caller is not shown"

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

you need to have all the numbers on one memory so select either phone or sim and transfer all number to one of them memorys this wil solve your problem

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
divyaanumod

No, done it ,but still i have the same problem

Please use plain text.
Professor
nagendranr24

Since you are getting 'number of caller is not shown' you have to contact your operator.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

ok i see you should contact operator as advised above and ask them to turn on caller id

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
san1234

I am also having the same issue. When anyone calls i am not getting the caller id. All my contacts are saved in phone mem itself.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
san1234

Please some one help me.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

It's nothing to do with the operater, you have multiple entries, ie two names with the same number, the phone doesn't know which one is calling, check your contacts and make sure phone numbers are only associated with one contact and it will work !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Chenjianxi

Carman58: mate, please! Stop telling people this is a duplicate contacts problem and mark the thread "solved".

Yes there maybe a number of people out there that accidently duplicated their contacts but there are also people smart enough to know that they do not have two names with the same number!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

firstly I can't and don't mark other peoples threads as solved ! Secondly if you have the concise and definitive answer to this problem , please post it , it would be far more useful to the people with the problem than criticising me !
Have a nice day :smileyhappy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

carman58 wrote:

It's nothing to do with the operater, you have multiple entries, ie two names with the same number, the phone doesn't know which one is calling, check your contacts and make sure phone numbers are only associated with one contact and it will work !

I think this is the solution suggested when atleast the no. is displayed ( but not the name even when it is in the Contacts.. ) The problem reported here states that even the No. is not getting displayed.. That leads to the Caller ID service not being activated..

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Chenjianxi

Sorry mate, apologise for what I've said.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Chenjianxi

The problem is my english is not good enough to think of any other way of describing this in the title. I would start a new topic but I doubt it will attract any attention.

Please use plain text.
Sage
larkim

The response "number of the caller is not shown" indicates that this is a network / operator setting, nothing to do with your phone. You should contact your operator and explain that after trying "*#30#" you get the message, and then ask them to change it.

I did find reference to the GSM code #77# to enable caller id being shown on a website called GSM NETWORK CALLS (I can't provide the link, just google it). This might help, but I haven't tested it, so approach with caution!! Other mobile gurus might help here.

Does your number show up as caller id when you call other people's phones?

Matt
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PAT123

Had same Problem, resolved by going to my Orange dealer.

After some attempts, finally swapped SIM cards, put mine in another phone and it worked, replaced in my phone and it worked ok. conclusion, SIM card kicked in when put in another phone or more likely was not properly inserted in my phone initially. Hope this may be of some help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PhoneNumpty

I have been reading the caller ID thing on the forum with interest.

I updated my OVI suite and phone so I could update the maps. When I synched the contacts it came up with conflicts. I resolved the conflicts in favour of the phone rather than the OVI suite as it is more up to date. From there all the conflicting numbers lost their caller ID and I have not been able to get them back. The number displays but not the ID. The ID has now been lost on any saved messages on the phone and will not display when I receive a new message.

The numbers are NOT duplicated on the phone. There are NO numbers saved to the SIM card. And the none conflicting numbers display fine so there is no network problem.

All this is very inconvenient and a bit rubbish of the OVI suite to trash my contacts. Has anyone got any easy resolution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PhoneNumpty

Found it! Had my work Nokia 6303 on at the same time. Whilst there was no duplication on the phones there was on the software which was confusing everything.
The perils of blue tooth and auto connect. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
polendo

I have a C6-01 and had the same problem. In my case I just retired the sim card for a couple of minutes, reinserted and ID calling started to work as usual. Looks like there would be an issue with the sim card and the operator and by retiring and inserting the sim card it resets everything (related to the operator) and worked ok.

Please use plain text.