Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can't send text message

kath23

can't send text message

my nokia 5800 xpress music can't send text message. what i have to do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: can't send text message

[ Edited ]

Have you contacted your network to see if they can help you?

The most common causes are network issues or the phone losing it's message centre number. Your network can help with both of these issues.

If they cannot help you then explain your issue in more detail and we'll try to help.

Please use plain text.
redialmobiles

Hi, i had the same prob, my 5800 was a T-Mobile phone and i put my o2 sim in it but would not send texts although i could receive. Cured my phone, highlight New Message then press options at the bottom of the screen, click Settings, click Service messages and make sure it is turned on, mine was on off which was stopping messages been sent. Hope this helps

Please use plain text.
UnitedSatyr

[ Edited ]

Hey, I'm new here, I think I'm having same problem although my Service Messages is turned on.

Anyway when i try to send a text it goes to the outbox and says sending, then within a matter of 2-3 seconds it goes to Resend at so and so time. Everytime i try to resend it, it says sending for approximately 2 seconds and goes back to resend at such and such time. I even left it to do this overnight, when i woke up it was still the same, although it had obviously been trying to send it the whole night. Really annoying as i practically live off texting lol. Anyway, i can receive messages, phone people, and they can phone me (I'm sure of this). I backed up and soft reset the phone. About to do the hard reset with the green,red, and camera buttons then pressing on/off button.

However if that doesn't work does anyone have a solution for this EXTREMELY annoying problem.

Thanks in advance, US.

Please use plain text.
redialmobiles

Hi, are sure you have the correct Message Centre number in your settings?

Please use plain text.