Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

default access point

wisco

default access point

Everytime i try to view youtube my phone says "connection to server needed, connect now?" when i hit yes it says "define default access point first" how do i do that and what am i suppose to use for a default access point!? Getting very frustrated! My phone is a Nokia E5
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: default access point

Have you set the Access Points ? Request your operator to send the settings which are normally sent thru' an SMS. When you receive the SMS..Open and select SAVE.

Please use plain text.
wisco

I have no idea how to request the operator. I go to the operator menu and all i get is "invalid server"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
musadiqkhan

Call costumer care center of your service provider and ask them to send settings of your mobile. Save them and enjoy. Accept this as solution if I helped you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello wisco, while using internet do you select the access point every time? If you go to the settings present in your defaul web browser you will see access poin try to change that. Further, in settings option see if there's something like application setting if its there then in that see if there is an option like videos try to change the access point there. Hope this helps.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

wisco wrote:
I have no idea how to request the operator. I go to the operator menu and all i get is "invalid server"

As mentioned in the post above..request the Operator by either Calling their Help line or visiting the Customer care center

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

[ Edited ]

wisco wrote:
Everytime i try to view youtube my phone says "connection to server needed, connect now?" when i hit yes it says "define default access point first" how do i do that and what am i suppose to use for a default access point!? Getting very frustrated! My phone is a Nokia E5

You'll need a Packet-data connection supported by your provider. Your provider might not allow streaming over their net. Unless you have a unlimited data plan, it's gonna cost you a lot of money. Use WLAN instead.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Darktemi

whn i try 2 log in 2 youtube 2 watch my phone always ask 4 dafault access point i dont kn what 2 do nw
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Darktemi, which phone do you use?

Please use plain text.