Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

defragging a nokia x6, and the problems that might...

Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

defragging a nokia x6, and the problems that might occur to the mass memory

i have a nokia X6 16gb. is it ok to defrag the mass memory? will i do any harm to the memory?

how often should i defrag the memory?
also i have another query, does the X6 have a flash memory similar to usb flash drives, or a mini hdd?

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
coolbelief

Re: defragging a nokia x6, and the problems that might occur to the mass memory

AFAIK it is ok to defrag Mass memory. When you connect your phone via Usb cable you have an option to select "Mass Storage" and in Mass Storage Mode it behaves just like a normal USB drive, u can connect "Mass Storage" on any machine, Mac, Linux, Windows with out PC suite or OVI suite.
Previous Phones: 6600, 7610, 6230, 6230i, 1100, 1112, N70, N73, N95, N95 8GB, 5800XM, 5230, C5, iPhone 3GS, SE Xperia X10, N900, N8, SE Xperia Arc

Current Phones: Nokia N9, iPhone 4
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajgeek

is there any software available gor defragging the mass memory for nokia x6?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

[ Edited ]

defraggler is a good program. also very good is the Defrag of Windows.

on the search field of Start menu (Vista/7),

type "cmd", then with the right click select "rus as administrator",  then type defrag.exe Z: -w and enter

(where Z is the equivalent letter of the mass memory that you will find on the computer, once you connect the phone to mass memory.)

wait to finish.

Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.