Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

download applications from ovi store via pc

Registered Member
buddy5800

download applications from ovi store via pc

i want 2 download applications for my 5800 via my pc.

i have installed ovi suite..

however it sends a link 2 my phone and i ave 2 download directly 4m my phone...

is der a way 2download and  install de applications on my phone via my pc...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: download applications from ovi store via PC

Not sure with the ovi suite cos I always download directly to my phone but when I was using PC suite and the old mosh nokia store there was a separate option to download and install instead of just getting a link sent to your phone but if Not go to the actual website (Not through the ovi suite) and download from there, then it should work automatically

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

You cannot download directly from Ovi store to your pc, if you have no data plan use wlan on 5800.

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bjoern52

I think this is simply bull..it: Not evereybody has or wants a WLAN (e-smog!), not everybody has unlimited MB for downloading (roaming is still very expensive!). but everybody using Ovi Suite has at least an Ethernet connection to internet - sowhy not allow to install programs through cable? In the old Nokia PC Suite it was possible. Nokia is really losing and losing and losing...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DrGuenter

I definitively agree ... nokia is still loosing and loosing ...

... its really convienient to download via PC

And ! the shortcut -> Advertisements by nokia run the download, but not the stuff of the store !

So, other Online Stores for mobile apps are just winning.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

What other online Stores? Android also needs your phone to have a network connection for you to be able to download apps to your phone. I have no knowledge about how iTunes would work, but apart from that one, the other app markets also need a phone to have network connection.

Sure you can look for sis files through Google, but you run the risk of getting an incompatible software on your phone that may cause damage. Direct download to the phone is the safest way. Or you could just go ahead and download the sis files.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

The latest version of Ovi suite allows you to download and install via your pc and via usb to phone !

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

carman58 wrote:

The latest version of Ovi suite allows you to download and install via your pc and via usb to phone !

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-ovi-suite

..but thats ONLY for the meagre no. of applications that appear under 'Recommendations from OVI'...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

There is a kind of solution to manually download files from Ovi store. Try to Google for this.

Please use plain text.