Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

e5 Memory Full

Registered Member
RobWebster

e5 Memory Full

Hi Guys,

Got a brand new e5-00 the other day and i am already getting a "memory full" warning every time I try to access a menu.

All of my contacts are stored onto the phone memory (not the sim), and I have no pictures or media on the card. I have closed down every application and am still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rob

Registered Member
RobWebster

Re: e5 Memory Full

Quick Update:

Just switched my phone into personal mode and the error message now reads "Telephone memory full: Close some applications and try again".

(all apps are closed)

Contributor
vikelt66

Hi,i am having this same problem.I got an e5 a month ago and after 2 weeks it had updated itself and filled the phone memory up so that the phone just stopped working.

PRESS 'HOME' THEN 'OPTIONS' SCROLL DOWN TO MEMORY DETAILS,SELECT 'PHONE MEMORY' AND LET IT SCAN.You will see at the bottom of the list is 'other files'.These are the auto updates.Mine currently says 242 mb which is all the space left on memory.I have zero memory free.

I have spoken to several members of the GEEK squad,connected to the carphone warehouse and they tell me this is a major software problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But wait theres more.I took my 1st e5 back and got a replacement e5,with in a week it had updated itself and filled the memory up under 'other files' again so it just stopped working.

I to got the same warning messages but whatever memory you remove the updates will soon replace it.

I WILL BE TAKING MY SECOND DUFF E5 BACK TO THE CARPHONE WAREHOUSE AND DEMANDING A DIFFERENT PHONE.

Let me know how you get on.

Contributor
vikelt66

also have you notice the phone is using up the battery in 6 to 7 hours?
Registered Member
brijeshe5

even i m facing same problem with E5, I purchase before 10 days only, and today i m getting "memory full" error,, even my phone memory is empty, so I think it is firmware problem, even GPRS is working very slow on this phone. I dont think so this model is successfull for nokia. I am waiting for new firmware of E5. hope all above problem gets resolved soon...

hiffo

i also have the same problem,  my E5 turned off on its own while i'm having a conversation with a friend, after that i switched it on and there's no start up sound and no pictures,only the logo of nokia and a beeping sound.

It takes a few minutes before the logo disappears and then a message pops up  "memory full" and i can't access my phone. i even tried to remove the battery and turned it on again but the same text appeared.

I had my memory card reformat, i even tried using my other memory card but its still the same "memory full"  and it turned off. After a few tries a new text appeared saying something like "start up error contact service provider". 

Registered Member
quaterlife7

Re: Nokia e5 memory full

any solution so far?

hiffo

mother board replacement..

Counsellor
kparicharak

My phone is also having same problem. It keeps on restarting or just simply powers off. Nokia Care in Pune (India) is useless. Everytime I go there, they just reload the OS software. It is the same version that I have. I tried telling them that this is tried before, but they do not want to do anything more. I somehow think that this problem happens when GPRS is used. I disabled all email application for two days. In that period there was no problem. But I bought this model specifically for emails. More than this problem what really irritates me is Nokia is not taking any stand on this issue. There is no communication although so many people are facing this problem.
Advisor
ramjean

[ Edited ]

I bought my e5 two days after the launch in India. I have not faced this issue. So far there has been only twice that my phone hung and I am pretty ok with it.

EMail too works perfectly well for me.(both on wifi and gprs)

Contributor
techmonkey

Solution

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I think I have found a cause of this problem. There is a bug in how the phone is programmed to manage communication log data (received calls, missed calls, etc). So to fix this, you have to clear all the logs when you encounter the problem or, set the phone not to log anything at all - to do this navigate to [MENU > LOG > OPTIONS > SETTINGS > LOG DURATION] and select "No log". Please let me know if it works for you all. Thanks.

And Nokia, could you please stop trying to fill the market with frequent new models loaded with bugs and instead try to make robust products that users can enjoy without sacrificing their time and resources? Customers pay the money to use the product and not to keep reporting the bugs back to you. It is your job to test, find and fix the bugs before you release a product - it's not fair for customers to do this on top of paying you for the product. Thanks.

shahvrajesh

whenever I am using my browser each time I found message Memory full.How could I solved this problem?

Registered Member
imanderson

One problem I would like help or suggestions with please.  My E5 reports that the calendar memory is full.  It probably is as I made the mistake of letting it sync fully with my Mac rather than just sync a restricted time period.  The question is - How do I erase some calendar data? as the application will not load, instead reporting that the memory is full and that I should close some applications etc- even though nothing else is running that can be closed.  I would be happy to erase everything and start again if that worked, but do not know how.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Contributor
techmonkey

As I have mentioned above, did you try clearing the communication/call logs?
tedarpe

Re: Solution

Thank you in advance for your willingness to help, but I have tried your suggestion a lot of times and it works at the beginning, but after a few hours the phone turns itself off again, I turn it on and the same message FULL MEMORY ERROR appears again. Have you found another way to solve this?
Contributor
techmonkey

Step1:
Go to main menu page and select 'log'. You will see the page with 'recent calls', 'call duration' and 'packet data'. Now there should be a second page/tab next to the one you are currently viewing. Go to that second page/tab and then select [options > clear log > yes].

Step2:
If you do not use a memory card with your phone, then turn the phone OFF and back ON again
If you use a memory card with your phone then do the following
1.turn the phone OFF and remove the memory card
2.turn the phone ON and wait until you see the home/main screen
3.turn the phone OFF, insert the memory card back and turn the phone ON again

Let me know how it goes.
Sage
askatnsd

Those all are temporary measure.Infact you maynot get a permanent solution to that.The problem lies in hardware/firmware.

My suggestion is:

Run/install the applications/games which you want to use daily, and remaining install whenever you need and remove after use.This will decrease burden on your phone.

http://askct.blogspot.com

Registered Member
CJF1

Had the same problem. Thanks Techmonkey for your solution.

Registered Member
mistymorgan57

Hi, I am having major probkems with my e5. c:smileytongue:hone Memory if full. It tells me to delete files. I have tried this but most of them cant be deleted as I have not got enough memeory on the phone to enable the operation to perform.  I have managed to erase all of my messages and delete most of my photos but still there is not enough memory. I have tried clearing the logs but still is says memory full.   Also screen just goes blank for ages.   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGG What can i do???? Please help. I have only had the phone since november 2010.

queenofwolves

I tried this, and now it is saying

Log:

Not enough memory to perform operation. Delete some data first.

and the notification won't even disappear, and I seem to be stuck on it. 
help?