Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e5 Memory Full

Pi_An

Re: e5 Memory Full

Well, yesterday we go the same message. Cleared the log as suggested in this string. No luck, within 5 seconds again a memory full message. Connected to the PC with PCSuite, the PC showed plenty of free memory on both the phone memory and the SD card. Meanwhile again two memory full messages.

Disconnected the phone. Switched it off. Took out the battery and the sD card. Battery back in. Switch on. Prompted for and entered proper date and time. Scanned the memory -> reported the same as earlier reported on the PC. Switched off, took out battery, put sD and battery back in, switch on.

All is well (till now).

So this "trick" solved the problem for me I believe.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jithinpjose

hiii. main reason to happen this is ovi mail apps.try to uninstall/disable if u have configured it. also go to phone memory>logs>eng then select all delete all files.. Ijust did it and got a free memory of 150MB!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GeorgeDao123

I suggest all of you this: Copy all your contacts and messages to a microSD, and sync all contacts, msgs, memos with Nokia Suite/PCSuite. Then reset or re-update your OS, and brings all you stored back to your phone. Done. Have a nice day.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PrathibhaDev

Can all of you who are still facing problem with E5 provide the software version number. It would help in solving the issue. Please press *#0000# in homescreen and provide the software version number displayed on the screen. (ex: 42.003)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
al_haq

in my E5 There're Two Folders in Memory Card 'Nokia_Ovi_Suite_install_files' and 'cities' that occupies more than 1GB space... Can I delete them to get free space on Memory Card?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bombasaki

Yes you can, you can always download your maps from Nokia Suite.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bombasaki

[ Edited ]

jithinpjose wrote:
hiii. main reason to happen this is ovi mail apps.try to uninstall/disable if u have configured it. also go to phone memory>logs>eng then select all delete all files.. Ijust did it and got a free memory of 150MB!!!

What you said is accurate: 

This files won't show when the Phone is connected to your PC so you have to clear them 'manually' going to your phone memory options as you mentioned.

I got 116MB free after removing and I checked again 8 hours later an it was starting to fill up AGAIN. How do I prevent that?

Your solution worked for me at least! 

Please use plain text.
Mehta

jithinpjose is right.

I tried to update the phone software but it didnt work.

What seems to be happening is there is a log being created of emails. So from the phone, go to

menu -> office -> file manager -> phone memory -> logs -> eng -> ods.

These are all log files. I deleted them - about 16000 of them. took me a few hours to do it. But now I have 135 MB of free phone memory and phone seems to be working just fine.

Hope this works.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Salicylate

I have this same problem -- 16000 files in that "ods" directory.

What application stores its log files there? I'd like to remove it.

Please use plain text.
lLovelyLeeds

jithinpjose is right.

Mehta is right

Thank you so much, I had 19,000 files to delete, it's still deleting, but at last I've been able to text again.  Bit annoyed that I've totally stripped my fone of texts/photos/music etc in trying to free up memory, when all the time it was the log of emails.

Shame Nokia can't acknowledge this in their trouble shooting guide - grrrr.

Thanks again, brilliant advice.

Please use plain text.
mahangill

where do u find the email log?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TimoKoo

This helped me also:

menu -> office -> file manager -> phone memory -> logs -> eng -> ods.

Delete all files.

There were almost 12.000 log-files. Deleting them, and free memory expanded from 2,5Mt to 92Mt!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Smash87

i don't have that log file :smileysad:
yet i have cleared all the cache, temp files using NetQin Mobile Guard app

it allows me to see the root files and to edit them, there is a folder at C: phone memory called PRIVATE....it has all the pile up files, about 150 mb...yet i don't know what to delete of them...they are root files

Please use plain text.
jusME

I could not find the log file too. So I took the chance and delete a file ... "licensersrv.log". It frees up the memory and now I don't receive memory full alert when trying to connect to internet. yeah! Hope it works for you.
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi,

There is a new sw 091.001 out for E5-00. This sw does not store so much log files as the previous did. For some users this might help with the Memory full issue. At least I think it's definitely worth a try.

Br, Marko

Please use plain text.
nettwerk

"Well, yesterday we go the same message. Cleared the log as suggested in this string. No luck, within 5 seconds again a memory full message. Connected to the PC with PCSuite, the PC showed plenty of free memory on both the phone memory and the SD card. Meanwhile again two memory full messages.

Disconnected the phone. Switched it off. Took out the battery and the sD card. Battery back in. Switch on. Prompted for and entered proper date and time. Scanned the memory -> reported the same as earlier reported on the PC. Switched off, took out battery, put sD and battery back in, switch on.

All is well (till now).

So this "trick" solved the problem for me I believe."
I did this two times, and my E5's memory is still full... :/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hesbro

sagyer - YOUR A GENIUS - Worked for me..almost 9months after this posting.Appreciate it!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hesbro

'licensersrv.log' - deleted the log and my problem was solved - over 100MB back!
Please use plain text.
sabrendasuzette

Re: Solution

OMG! I was so hoping your advice would solve the same trouble I am having with my phone. But when I choose the "NO LOG" changes, a screen pops up saying, " VCOMMANDMANAGER, NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO PERFORM OPERATION, DELETE SOME DATA FIRST." Then another screen pops up right after that  one saying" WEBSITE HAS SENT AN UNTRUSTED CERTIFICATE, ACCEPT ANYWAY?" ...THEN SHUTS OFF..AND TURNS RIGHT BACK ON. UUUGH Would just like to find a solution instead of takin it in

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Xenolithicful

Thank you! Now things are back to normal.

But there is a way to delete all those log files at once, you don't have to spend hrs.

Please use plain text.