Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

e5 how to use WiFi to set up email?

gharibda
Accepted Solution

e5 how to use WiFi to set up email?

Hello everybody. I just purchased e5 and I am having trouble with setting up gmail over WiFi. The phone keeps trying to use cellular data to set it up, but I do not subscribe to the service. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Registered Member
graychia

Re: e5 how to use WiFi to set up email?

I'm having the same problem too with my e5. Nokia, some help please? Not everyone has a data plan with their service provider for goodness sake.

gharibda

[ Edited ]

I have found a solution. I have downloaded fan app called Smartconnect. I went to their website, downloaded the zip file then installed it on the phone. Then I defined a group to connect to the wifi. It worked like a charm and I was able to set up my email. Here is the link to their web site http://www.secgo.com/Products/Birdstep/SmartConnect/

Registered Member
ahuja

I am facing the same issue, my nokia e5 came with smartconnect , i have created a group with only my wifi connection and I am still not able to setup gmail.

here is what happens, on selecting gmail icon, entering username and password nothing happens it says detecting email settings and takes me back to the same page with all email icons (yahoo, gmail...)

Please help!

Registered Member
tiger09

Can someone please explain to me how to set up the smart connect step by step on E5? I keep trying to download it, but I cannot download the zip file.  I have been trying to set up my gmail for wifi, but I don't know how. thank you in advance.

Registered Member
ss95rox

I have nokia e5 and it has smart connect pre installed on it! :smileyhappy:

Registered Member

Re: e5 I can't install the gmail account in my E5

I'm having issue to install the gmail in my Nokia E5, help please

Registered Member
leoo589

Im having the same problem and its really lettin me down cuz i love d phone. It's not letting me download application from ovi through wifi. I tried the smartconnect but it keeps telling me 'Update error.' any help pls? :smileysad:

Professor
reinob

@ahuja,

The standard Nokia e-mail client tries to use the Nokia Messaging by default. With Nokia Messaging you get push e-mails, but it requires a non-WLAN connection for setting up the service, as the Nokia Messaging service is bound to your phone, and in some cases controlled by the mobile carrier.

If you don't want to use Nokia Messaging you can try putting your phone in offline mode and then configuring the e-mail account. Hopefully it will work.

nadetooo

Hello everyone,

i've had  a major problem with my mailbox on my nokia E5.

Once i set it up few months ago it worked ok untill i realized it only stays connected when i am at home using the wifi. when i conncet at a friends house (to a network that is already in my destinations) it doesn't connect even when i press the connect button in the menu. 

I deleted it hoping that once i reinstall it it would be fine, but now it doesnt allow me to do so at all. I chose the hotmail option and i get an error message saying 'cannot connect to server. try again later' i assume this means it is a wifi problem that has to do with the settings ive put. i have been reading this forum for a few days and nothing works, i would appreciate your help!!

thank u in advance:smileyhappy:

Registered Member
javialexchan

The key is to go to Account Settings and choose the access point you want to use.
Registered Member
mianmajidhanif

Aslam o alekum;
restart E5 & try it again n again..no other solution.just try again n again at diff tyms.it will automatically work.i v got my gmail after a try of a week :smileysad: but it happens sometyms wid E5