Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e52 Phone Memory - Other Files

Registered Member
kyoudon

e52 Phone Memory - Other Files

is there anyway i can access the other file in the phone memory.

everytime i download an app it keep reducing eventhough it install the app in my card memory.

and i dont think all the file there are of great importance to the system itself.

now i'm left with just 3mb. hard format doesnt seem to delete this file

Please use plain text.
Professor
amblors

Re: e52 Phone Memory - Other Files

A hard format deletes it, but it appears after the hard format and keeps growing. i have the same problem with my E75. I guess we have to keep our fingers crossed and wait until Nokia listens to US

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Leeee

There are a few editors around that you can download which will give you access to the full file system on your phone.  If you really want to do this then Google is your friend. 

Be very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very careful about what you delete and don't blame me if your phone never works again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kyoudon

thanks for the info amblors

and leeee, just 1 word , lol.... i've search and found out pretty much... with 3rd file manager apps like Y-browser or xplore one can savely delete file in cache and dmgr (both are in C:/System)... 

but then again this will restore back and as you use ur phone like amblors again said, they grow back. i only manage to get back 3mb from deleting those 2 folder. not really helping but at least something.

lets hope nokia find a way to fix this soon or maybe some kind of cleaning tool to remove unnecessary back up file stored in the phone when one wishes to.

as i'm sure those file are like report file or whatever is left after an application is remove.

Please use plain text.
jing1c_mobile

[ Edited ]

Im also experiencing this. I did a hard reset on my phone two weeks ago then the phone memory capacity is like 55.8mb and now its 55.0mb, i dont know whats the reason. And my messages and other files are all saved in my memory card.

Anyway thanks amblors for your info. Hoping for a solution soon.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
speederr

You must do the following--

unlock keypad - menu - ctrl. panel - app. mgr. - installed apps. - and start deleting unnecessary apps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nagapradeep

Hi,

Try this,

1)Backup ur phone memory,

Applications->Office->File mngr->Backup.(This may vary depending upon ur phone model)

This is will create phone backup

2)type *#7370#,This will perform phone restore operation.

3)switch on the phone

4)restore phone memory,Applications->Office->File mngr->Backup->Open->Options->restore.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
guptasuneet

@nagapradeep

What happens to the contacts, paid apps and other data in the Phone memory after the above procedure? Are they also restored?

Also will the restore procedure not restore the space hogging 'Other Files'

Thanks,

Suneet

Please use plain text.