Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: e6 Restart Issue

Counsellor
eaglehelang

Did you all go & check your sim card at your service providers? Just in case the sim card got corrupted
Please use plain text.
Advisor
GOSSSAMER

Hi Guys,

I too was getting constant restarts with my new E6. 

Bought it from Amazon.com. 

Says "Made in Mexico" on box (if that makes a difference)

Returned the phone to Amazon and received another with the same restarting problem. 

Whats seemed to have worked:

I switched the "Network Mode" from "Dual mode" to "GSM" eliminating the use of "3G" and the phone has stopped restarting. 

If I switch back to Dual mode the restarting happens again. 

I'd like others here to try this to see if they experience the same. 

Could 3G be the problem?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
doncarlos

I tried 3G/dual mode again today, the phone restarted within seconds:smileymad:....HELP!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
doncarlos

Re: e6 Restart Issue Solved by firmware 25.007

Today I installed the new firmware, version 025.007.00.01. I enabled 3G network and....no restarts! I am very hopefull, it looks like this problem is solved:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

oh there is a new firmware already?!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vyenky

Hi,

I am from India. Is this a global firmware update or a particular region upate?

I am checking for this update everyday but dont get it.

Regards,

vyenky

Vyenky
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Guys, same problem on my side, even with new firmware installed, and no F-Secure running as suggested by blogs over there.

My phone always worked perfectly, then I travelled to a region covered by T-Mobile, and with data connection blocked by cell phone carrier. Bingo. Restarting every 10 minutes after freezing screen. Kind of annoying.

Changed roaming to AT&T GSM and apparently it is stable now.

Not sure why this happens, but it really sucks. Kind of primitive mistake and should not be seen in companies like Nokia that have been producing phones for years. Maybe they have been cutting cost too much and it is already hitting the bone.

An E-series phone, should work flawlessly. It may not be fancy, I don't care, but MUST work. And please, someone from Nokia should post a reply.

If anyone knows a solution here, it is welcome.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi

I also have the restart issue. Happens mainly when signal is weak.

I'm from South Africa.

Nokia has changed the phone for me, but I'm still having the problem.

Besides this problem, the phone is great. But this problem is a CORE problem that cannot be ignored.

Regards

Basheer

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I tried setting the phone to GSM mode only. Problem seems to gotten worse.

After losing 5-6 calls this morning its back to dual mode for now....

Regards

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dudeblore

After the restart issue (still not resolved) now phone shows a different problem. Sometimes, when a call comes or when i try to make a call the screen goes completely black. We cant see anything on the screen such time. Even screen wont respond if you try to cancel the call by touching the screen.

Since there is a proximity sensor, i thought this might be a problem caused by the tored screenguard and i got it replaced with a new one. For sometimes, it was OK. But still i am facing this issue every now and then. Infact, i have noticed that it is happening mostly when an another application runs in the background specially an application using networks connections such as e-mail, nokia maps, OVI etc....

However, after waiting 4 months, now i am decided to take this phone to the dealer and will discuss with them about these issues. Hope nokia will react to this kind of problems. It is definitely dissappointment for me....:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
mnorsazlan

1999 - Nokia 3310

2000 - Nokia 2100 

2001 - Nokia Express Music 2300

2006 - Sony Ericson 5300i Music 

2010 - Nokia E72

2011 - Nokia E6-00

Next - Samsung? Why? Those days, Samsung is low quality product.

Experience is talking, Nokia no longer a good brand. I'm keep switching phone because of Nokia is good brand with bad quality product. They good for black and white phone only.

Hope I have a patient to hold the poor Nokia E6-00 which keep restarting before I'm affordable to purchase iPhone 4S or Samsung Galaxy s2 or Note.

Why Nokia take too long time to resolve this matters? Don't you think about customer loyalty? I don't think people will loyal with the bad product which giving a bad experience. Please take necessary action ASAP. Stop producing new phone and keep focusing on the current problem and issue especially on Nokia E6-00.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

SOLVED!
On my 3rd E6-00 replacement. After 1 reboot, I visited a nokia care centre. The technician suggested I change the sim card even though the sim worked fine in my 6303.

It's been 1 month, and no problems so far!

Seems fixed.

Regards

Basheer
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

luckily for you the new sim sorted out your problem... because if you had to wait for a firmware update you'd be waiting a long time, Nokia do not care about the E6 and the mess they made with Belle on the E6... glad you got sorted
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jeimei

I also have the same issue, I've restored to factory settings but the problem is still there. When I first got my phone It was working fine. It doesn't restart even if It has no signal, It just happened a month after I had the new software update... :smileymad: it's getting on me very bad... And then now, I can connect to wifi but It seems that It don't have an internet connection though out wifi has no Mac filter

Please use plain text.