Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e6 Screen turnes black when someone is calling.

Counsellor
Phantom3D

e6 Screen turnes black when someone is calling.

Ok, so when someone calls i can see who it is for a split second, but then the screen goes black. Newest Belle software.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

Re: e6 Screen turnes black when someone is calling.

Tried bringing it back to factory settings but with no luck. Also I only have room for one inbox on one homescreen.. Kind of hard when I use 3 for work :-( This Belle was a downgrade!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

Well, I have tested a bit more and it seems that the sensor is the problem. Because  when I make a call the screen goes black aswell. Strange that this came right after bella upgrade.. Guess I'l have to hand it in to Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Hope the Sensor is not covered by some dirt or other way...Did you try Cleaning the area ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

Hi, yes I tried without luck. i found an other thread on the same problem aswell. I have handed it into service now. And I bought myself a new one.. To always have one working unit ;-) Even though I got a Sensation XE with ice cream sandwich.. the nokia seems much better for the real work!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ParSalian

I have the very same problem since a few weeks ago. 

As the user has stated, it's working perfectly, i'm looking at the screen and its perfectly clear, but if i have an incoming call i see the screen going black until call ends, in wich moment the screen turns on again. 

So I think it is no dirty-sensor problem. 

I can only recognise calle by changing tunes... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zahayi

Apply some pressure with your finger on the proximity sensor.

I had the same issue for around 6 months. Now it's fixed :squint:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thnks man

Zahayi wrote:

Apply some pressure with your finger on the proximity sensor.

I had the same issue for around 6 months. Now it's fixed :squint:

Please use plain text.