Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e7 restart issue

philo349

e7 restart issue

i just bought my e7 a week ago, and it keep on hanging then restarting all the time. it does that at least 10 times a day. does anyone has the same issue?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: e7 restart issue

Only heard of a couple of cases, and a visit to a Nokia Care Point and having the handset re-flashed solved it ! You can check for any software updates and try a hard reset first if you like as everything will be erased with the re-flash anyway ? Check for updates on phone or Ovi Suite, then dial *#7370# followed  by 12345 if asked, but back up your contacts, calendar and notes ONLY first.

Good Luck , hope you get the phone working ok, it's a great piece of kit, I love mine :smileyhappy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
philo349

i did a hard reset but iot didnt fix the problem so i had to send it to nokia care. lets hope they can do something about it. its an amazing piece of kit IF i didnt had such a problem. thanks anyways
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nanubhai

I have recently purchased NOKIA E 007. After softaware uprgadation I have restarted the mobile but it got hanged. I want to take out the battery for which I have to take it to service point. What to do in this case. Either wait for battery to get dischage of it s own or go to service centre. But how many times?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nanubhai

How I can reflash or hard reset.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
xxxmeow13xxx

Hi nanubhai,

We would like to inform you that reflashing of Nokia devices is not allowed to be discussed here in the official Nokia Forum.

The best that we could recommend you is to bring your phone to a Nokia Care Point near your area for an assessment. You may also get in touch with your local Nokia Careline  via email or phone by clicking on the "Contact us" link on your local Nokia website for further assistance.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

@nanubhai:

As you've already found out, you can't remove the battery on the E7 unless a NCP does it for you. What you can do is to turn it off by pressing the powerbutton for about 8 seconds untill you feel 3 quick buzzes. Then you can release the powerbutton and press it once more to turn it on (as normal - one buzz only). As Nokia has said, this is pretty much the same to the E7 as pulling out the battery of another phone.

The hard reset button wise isn't recommended as it wipes the phone for ovi store which I don't know yet if can be installed again without going to a Nokia care point. From a few other posts regarding the N8 it seemed like it was fixed with that phone, but I can't tell you if it's fixed for the E7 yet. Maybe someone else can? You are better off doing the soft reset as carman has already mentioned in his post above.

Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

If you want to do the hard reset though which AFAIK isn't really user approved ( which means that you most likely have to pay a small fee for a reflash at a Care point if it turns out you will need that), it's done by turning off your device, holding home button+camera button+ volume up or down (I don't remember exactly, but I'm not going to try it once more) and then press the powerbutton. You will have to hold those buttons down untill you're past the Nokia handshake logo screen.

I had to do it as my E7 refused to turn on and got the reflash of fw to get ovi store back done for free as it wasn't my fault that it wouldn't turn on. So if the case is like that it should be pretty safe to do it. But the ovi store issue might have been fixed also for what I know. I remember I read that with the N8, after doing a hard reset, you did a soft reset and then installed the ovi store client from sw updates but use the search bar and check it out or call a Nokia care point to get more information before taking any actions.

I really suggest you do that!
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

I would like to warn all about doing a *#7370# reset. The day after getting my E7 I had to do a three finger reset because the phone would not switch on. As a result I lost all of the pre-installed music, photos, videos and maps. After a lot of argy bargy with Nokia Australia I eventually had the phone reflashed. After getting it back I continued to have problems and after more complaints to Nokia Australia I first of all received an email from Tech support late last Monday, followed by a phone call on Tuesday (it is surprising how companies in Australia react when you mention the ACCC). During the phone call the tech support person told me she was sending me a link which she asked to to tap on when I received it. This I did then she asked me to install the application that the link led me to. After doing that she told me she could see my phone and everything that was installed on it. I sat there in amazement as she played around with my phone. After about ten minutes or so she asked me to do a *#7370# reset. Unfortunately the phone would not restart (WSD problem) so she asked me to press the power button for eight or so seconds. Did that but nothing happened. She asked my to do it again. This time after about 15 seconds the phone switched off. On restarting the phone I discovered that I had once again lost the pre-installed Music, photos, videos. maps etc.

So my phone is back with the local Nokia Care Centre for reflashing again. I also believe Nokia Australia are going to call me again next week to check to see if I am happy.

One other interesting point. In the email I received last monday Nokia addmitted to me that the two E7 phones that I have had were part of an initial batch which were received by Nokia Australia and as such were used by Nokia staff for testing and evaluation purposes. If that is true (and that is what the email says) then I do not believe that those phones should have been released to the retail sector to be sold as new phones. The should have been sold as evaluation, testing or demonstrator phones in my opinion. I have an appointment with my solicitor for next week to get a legal opinion on this. But to tell you the truth I think I have been dudded by Nokia Australia on this.

But as far as I am concerned the E7 is a dud like the N97. I have had two and both have been nothing but trouble. I definitely will not be buying another Nokia device.

I strongly advise against doing a *#7370# or a three finger reset on the E7. I have done the *#7370# reset on both my X6 16GB and N8 without any problems but not on the E7.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

The soft reset hasn't bricked my E7 and the hard reset made mine come back to life which tells me that it was something else that was the problem with my E7. This has only happened once though. Since then my device has worked pretty good, bazyeo. Whatever dude, good luck with your crusade against Nokia Australia...

Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

@Fender77

The two resets I did, did not brick my phone. What they did do was delete all the pre-installed applications on the phone (Music, Pictures, videos, maps etc) and it did it twice. After the first time had all the apps re-installed and then last week when the Nokia Australia call centre asked me to do an *#7370# reset I lost everything again. Hence it is back with my local Nokia Care Centre.

Hence the warning to everyone. Make sure your phone is backed up before doing any reset.

INHO having had two E7's this model is a lemon and I would not and can not recommend it to anyone. 

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

bazyeo wrote:

So my phone is back with the local Nokia Care Centre for reflashing again. I also believe Nokia Australia are going to call me again next week to check to see if I am happy.

One other interesting point. In the email I received last monday Nokia addmitted to me that the two E7 phones that I have had were part of an initial batch which were received by Nokia Australia and as such were used by Nokia staff for testing and evaluation purposes. If that is true (and that is what the email says) then I do not believe that those phones should have been released to the retail sector to be sold as new phones.

I have checked with Nokia Australia regarding the issue of the prior use of these devices, and what they explained was that they were part of a batch which was routinely quality-checked, they were not used for evaluation of the model generally as you appear to suggest. Routine quality checks are performed under factory conditions and involve a Quality Assurance Operator checking the functionality of the handset using predefined and stringent criteria. Nokia Australia has also provided information that due to a failure in the process, the access points established for this purpose were not cleared after the check, an issue that has since been dealt with by improvements to the QC processes undertaken.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
mine2011

Dear all;

I am from Egypt , I just posted the same problem two minutes ago, befor going through this one, please note that I got my E7 on 30 April 2011 and my device started hanging and restarting 3 days after purchase and the SURPRISE is I sent it to Nokia care Egypt who reinstalled the software and gave it back to me, It did the same hanging and restarting issue two hours after receipt.

I sent it  AGAIN to Nokia care with the same complaint and the Bigger surprise was that they give me a report that the device has NO PROBLEMS !!!! imagine they consider this serious problem as NO problem?? believe me I am really disappointed and don't know what to do more. I am damn sure that THEY DON'T KNOW how to fix it or they don't care about there customers. E7 is the newest E series and I don't think I will recommend it to friends and families since this is Nokia reaction towards their customers

Please use plain text.