Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

e71 Keypad backlight not switching on!

vp001

e71 Keypad backlight not switching on!

When in dim light  the key the keypad light is not coming on when i press any key. I have looked in the manual, tried different settings for the sensor and looked at online forums. No solution exists. The only way to make it work is by blocking the sensor with your finger. Obviously this is not a good solution.

Is this a malfunction or is Nokia stupid to design the phone like this?  On any model of Nokia on the press of a key the keypad backlight should come on. What's going on here?

PLEASE HELP.

Please use plain text.
Sage
OzRob

Re: e71 Keypad backlight not switching on!

[ Edited ]

The backlight ONLY comes on in low light levels - that's what the sensor is for. It will not come on when there is sufficient light to read the letters on the keypad. Try hitting a button when you're in a darkened room and see if the backlight comes on then.

If I've helped you, you can thank me by clicking the green 'kudos' star on my post. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
vp001

[ Edited ]

thanks but it still does not work in a dim room. really annoying. on the press of a key it should work in light or no light...thats how all other nokia models work. but e71 has this defect.

Please use plain text.
Sage
OzRob

vp001 wrote:

thanks but it still does not work in a dim room. really annoying. on the press of a key it should work in light or no light...thats how all other nokia models work. but e71 has this defect.

E71 does not have this defect, but perhaps your phone does. My E71 works as expected. You may have a faulty light sensor. Contact a Nokia Customer Care centre.

If I've helped you, you can thank me by clicking the green 'kudos' star on my post. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
vp001

ok. I'll take it to them and see if they can help. thanks.

Please use plain text.