Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: e72 calendar mtg created in USA time zone appe...

t_cube

e72 calendar mtg created in USA time zone appear on the wrong local time in Malaysia

Hi

I am located in Malaysia, and I sync my e72 with my desktop PC here. 

My USA colleage created mtg on his Outlook Calendar in his USA time zone, and list me as attendee.

Both Calendar are on the same server and appear properly on desktop PC.

However, my e72 calendar show the mtg appear on the next day. Synchronized with ovi-suite.

Is this a problem with e72 or ovi-suite?

The Nokia local support in Malaysia and Singapore say this BUG is a FEATURE. There is no way to fix this. It is customer's mistake and problem to buy this device.

I believe all software problem can be fix. Can someone help?

Thanks and rgds

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: e72 calendar mtg created in USA time zone appear on the wrong local time in Malaysia

[ Edited ]

This IS a feature - of Outlook, not Nokia.

The idea, as far as anyone can tell, is that the meeting shows up at the LOCAL time in Malaysia, because that is where you are. The fact that you are planning to go to the USA and meet him there is irrelevant. When you arrive in the USA and your time zone changes, so will the time of the appointment.

The same issue arises on my HP Ipaq PDA. I've learnt the hard way not to change the time zone on the PDA...

Please use plain text.
t_cube

Re: e72 calendar mtg created in USA time zone appear on the wrong local time in Malaysia

Hi ajwh

Good to see your reply. 

Allow me to clarify the problem 

Yes, the Outlook feature can show the the appointment, which was created in USA, in my Malaysia local time zone properly; example 8am Wed. 

However, this same appointment show up in e72 calendar as 8am Thur.

I have no plan to be in USA and will just pick up this international video/phone conference at my local time.... problem it show up on Thur.

Yes, this e72 is my first Nokia smart phone.  I have been loyal Nokia phone user since year 2000, having used 5 phones.

I have been using 2 HP iPaq PDA (no phone) since yr2001. I changed to Nokia because HP stopped selling PDA in my country. Yes, I have been synchronising the HP PDA with Outlook with no major problem like this.

The IT guys in my office says they have to put zero support and zero budget for Nokia recently because of cost. I have to find outside solution.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
t_cube

Help... help......Why no NOKIA company expert address this problem? 

Please use plain text.