Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: e72 gps settings

Contributor
sravan008

e72 gps settings

Hi there, last week  I brought the e72 ,I'm failed to configure the gps settings to this mobile can u please send me the GPS settings to this mobile ,actually I enabled a-gps and integrated GPS and wifi/network GPS also I heard nokia provides a free GPS facility to the nokia users but when ever I'm trying to connect the GPS ,my home network is charged the money(airtel)
if u want I will post my total GPS settings here please check it out and get me back with detail description or else simple tell me  GPS configuration  details 
I WANT TO USE THE FREE NOKIA GPS SERVICE PLEASE TELL ME THE CONFIG ON THAT PROSPECTIVE 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

post all the settings that you are using.

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sravan008

GPS DATA SETTINGS:

position settings>position methods> assisted gps and integrated gps and wifi/network(i enabled these 3)

positioning server> position server use>auto.in home network

Access point >mobile office

server address>supl.nokia.com

MAPS SETTINGS:

INTERNET>CONNECTION>OFFLINE

NETWORK DESTINATION>INTERNET

ROAMING WARNING>ON

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

sravan008 wrote:

GPS DATA SETTINGS:

position settings>position methods> assisted gps and integrated gps and wifi/network(i enabled these 3)

MAPS SETTINGS:

ROAMING WARNING>ON

i have found that you will get a more accurate and faster lock with:  supl.google.com

unfortunately, you will need to use data in order for this to work.   wether it is wifi or network doesnt matter.  if i remember correctly, just like the n900, it requires data from wifi or the network to sync with the satalites 

i am not sure what Mobile Office is for your access point.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sravan008

Thanks for the explanation 

I changed sul.nokia.com to sul.google.com

can i edit anything else in my settings ???

and mobileoffice is my network gprs with the help of this I can use the internet , i think because of this opt only ther are charging money , shall i disabled it ?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

sravan008 wrote:

GPS DATA SETTINGS:

MAPS SETTINGS:

ROAMING WARNING>ON

Hi sravan008

Settings for OVI Maps application are correct for no data charges, but you are still utilising Assisted GPS feature without which however positional fix may be quite poor relying solely on Integrated GPS of E72. Go to Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings > General - scroll down to Positioning > Positioning server > Positioning server use - change to "Always ask" or "Disabled".

As regards "Positioning methods" enable everything apart from "Bluetooth GPS". There will be no data charges but can't say how usable device will be for you.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sravan008

@abv 

Thanks alot bro , i will change the settings and i will check it out now .. and i will **bleep** back soon

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

sravan008 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation 

I changed sul.nokia.com to sul.google.com

can i edit anything else in my settings ???

and mobileoffice is my network gprs with the help of this I can use the internet , i think because of this opt only ther are charging money , shall i disabled it ?? 

be sure that you type "supl.google.com"

you are missing the "p" above.

if you do not, it will not connect at all.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sravan008

@scoobyman bro it seems my GPS working now without any charges ...but it takes few min time to connect it .. can we make this fast ??bro

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Hi sravan008

You may say that it defeats the object but I tend to use a SIRF Star III Bluetooth GPS receiver whilst in a vehicle after enabling this method in "Positional methods" which obviates this issue.

Remember that the "Assisted GPS" feature makes up for the deficiencies caused by the inevitably small GPS antenna within cell phone casing and without such it will take much longer to establish position unfortunately.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor

hi, i'm from malaysia..i need some help with the gps in E72..how to use the gps for free without any data charges?thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

In OVI Maps application go to Options > Settings > Internet > Connection = Offline

Go to Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings > General > scroll down off screen to Positioning > Positioning methods and only tick "Integrated GPS"

Although this will allow you to use GPS with no data charges, be warned that the GPS antenna position in E72 is not brilliant and reception without Assisted GPS feature enabled can be disappointing.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.