Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: e72 memory full error

hemant130
Accepted Solution

e72 memory full error

whinever i am using nimbuzz and opera mini on e72 it gives memory full error

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

I use both of these programs regularly.  With one chat open and loading a simple web page, they grab less than 10MB of ram combined.  A few questions for you?

1) If you reboot your phone and then immediately run both programs, does the error still occur?  Do you see the error immediately or does it take time?  Maybe the problem is related to a loading a specific web page, for example.

2) Are you using the latest versions of both programs?  (Even if so, removing and reinstalling both might be worth a try, but you would probably have to set them up again.)

3) Do you have lots of other apps on your phone?  Can you run many of these with no problems?  (I'm trying to see if the problem is really Nimbuzz / Opera Mini or just a general lack of ram.)

4) Is your E72 firmware up to date?

5) Do you use Nimbuzz for chat, or for other functions like VOIP?  VOIP could have much higher memory requirements.  I don't know.

6) What else is running on your phone?  If you have a virus checker or something else that starts automatically, try turning it off for now.

Hopefully something above will lead you to a solution.  If not, post some more information.  Good luck.

Please use plain text.
hemant130

no idont use both programs regularly.
but nimbuzz is always on
1. after reboot it works fine for 2 to 3 days.... but after reboot i need to install nimbuzz again to make it work.
2. ya handset it uptodate, also formated it. also give memory error when using maps.
3. no too much onlu few.
4. is uptodate
5. ya i use voip.
6. no idont have antivirues.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

hemant130 wrote:

1. after reboot it works fine for 2 to 3 days.... but after reboot i need to install nimbuzz again to make it work.

Hmm, it sound like you have two problems, 1) running out of ram, and 2) Nimbuzz dying after a reboot (after running for 2 or 3 days)?  Do I understand that correctly?

My gut reaction: I wonder if you've found a bug in Nimbuzz?  Seems like it could be allocating memory and not releasing it later, so eventually you run out.  Do you have a program that monitors ram levels?  I'd suggest installing PhoNetInfo, and there's a free version (3.2.0) at http://www.patrickfrei.ch/phonetinfo/ .

1) Remove Nimbuzz (for a clean test) and reboot.

2) Install and run PhoNetInfo.  Free ram is listed on the HAL tab, under "Size of free RAM".  Monitor and record the ram level periodically.  (After reboot, an E72 should have roughly 40MB free.)

3) Reinstall and reconfigure Nimbuzz.

4) Keep both programs running, and try to use as few other programs as possible.

5) Check free ram the first time you see a "memory full" error.  Quit all programs including Nimbuzz, wait roughly 30 seconds, and check free ram again.  If you don't see the ram level shoot back up, then you've likely found a memory leak.  At this point, the best you can do is report the bug at nimbuzz.com ...or find other chat/SIP programs.

I don't know if the above will help you, but it's what I would do.  Good luck!

Please use plain text.
OkkieO

I constantly have the same issues but when trying to open maps or sometimes internet,

I have taken off as much as i can fron the phone and store most on the SD card.

device mem 137mb free and card mem 2.2gig free, all software is upto date and i remove battery often.

Probly time to wipe all and start again

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Keep in mind there is a huge different between rom (the 137 MB and 2.2 GB you quote) and ram, which was the OP's problem.  Your free rom is fine.  The E72 has only about 40MB (maximum) free ram after a reboot, and if you run memory-hungry programs or have multiple programs that start automatically, you will sometimes see this error.  Maybe the problem can't be helped (the OP doesn't run many programs, which makes troubleshooting easier), but you can use the tips above to help diagnose the issue.

Please use plain text.
hemant130

now i am using only whatsapp, but still its the same problem if i start any other application
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

Did you install a program like PhoNetInfo? How much free ram do you have after a reboot? After launching Whatsapp? That information should give us a clue.
Please use plain text.
OkkieO

Hi, Yes I loaded and am running the app. Very usefull thanks. After reboot it only has approx 29M Ram available and when maps are running it drops to 9M etc so I think there are apps or programs running in the backround that are using the Ram. I am trying to eliminate unused things like ion bat meter etc, but this actually points to a problem that the phone actually handle too many apps running anyway - time for a rethink

Thanks for the help!!

Okkie

Please use plain text.
arunsawhney

I have tried all combinations, but the prpblem is not solved. My free memory in C: drive shows 156 MB  free and sd card mem 2.5 gB FREE. but as soon as I open in Internet page, it shows memory full (close some programs-- (sic) constantly.  I have taken off as much as i can fron the phone and store most on the SD card.  Is nokia listening. I was so fed up with this phone that I switched to Android phone. E-72 is lying as showpiece. Anyone willing to buy!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

OK, so Nokia didn't do a good job on the available RAM on the E72, but you can still make really good use of the phone if you e.g. don't expect to open demanding websites in the Nokia browser - which otherwise isn't _that_ bad. Opera MIni 6 will do much better with big web pages and only rarely gives me a no-RAM warning.

When driving I easily run Maps and ViewRanger (a different, much more fun map-app that can do BIng, OpenStreet, as well as ) at the same time to give me a proper map too) running at the same time. I have to close everything else first, but according to PhoNetInfor I then have 10 MB of RAM left to use.

Getting RAMblow and setting it up NOT to close apps you're going to use a lot, then using it to clean up, helps a lot. RAMblow should be made a freebee for E72 users on Ovi Store :-)

The amount of RAM available, although it is on the phone, not the card, does not seem to relate to the amount of phone (C:smileyhappy: memory in use; but I might be wrong...

OK, I'm stuck with my E72 for another 6 months at least - because I REFUSE to buy more frequently than every 2 years - so I'm gonn be more willing to find solutions. But rubbish this phone is NOT.

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Kbdavies1

Can someone pls tell me how this problem has been solved??? I can see the "solved" sticker, but no solution has been posted.
Shutting down programs is NOT a viable solutions as it does not always work!
The issue is not just insufficient RAM, but also memory leakage.
Please use plain text.
seanmccree

The E-72 is such a good quality phone, but this Memory Full problem, and the apparent lack of attention to is is so disappointing that I would love to give both of mine back. (Sad, because as old as they are, they still look brand new). It looks like the problem manifests itself in later phones and other models....how could this problem not be addressed properly? I don't think I will buy a Nokia again. One should not have to be a software wiz to get the most out of the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
david_oslo

The solutions provided does not take care of the issue.

I have found out though that on C: there is a file in the root catalouge calles "licensersrv". It take up 212 MB (more that 80% of the total space on C:smileyhappy: so it's a serious hug.

Had a look at the file and it's just text (without any time stamp or similar that would be normal in a logfile) like "QFNetworkInfoChangedL start". 3500 PAGES with lines just like this (and similar).

Made a copy of the file to my pc. Deleted the file on E72. Created new EMPTY file (with same name) on my pc. Copied the file to the E72. Turned phone of and then on. Work's like a charm and I have 215 MB free space.

I don't know the purpose of the file and I don't know if there are any consequences so take this advise without waranty.

But maybe Nokia can tell us if there are any problems with this.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
premal

my E72 doesn't have licensersrv file on C: or anywhere else.
Using Nokia Lumia 1320.
Also have Nokia E72 & Nokia N8.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
exhenrie

Thank you so much!  I tried a bunch of other things I could find in the forums but none of them worked.  Now my phone memory is freed up and I'm happy! :smileyhappy:  Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhrd

[ Edited ]

I have 209 MB on the Phone memory + 3.3. GB on the Memory card but I still have the memory full error.

Is there any other solution for this problem. It is so annoying.

I was nokia an up until I faced this never stopping issue..

Also no "licensesrv" on my phone...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Paoan

Hi all,

I found out one simple solution, I don't know whether it would help you or not. I installed Nokia Suite on my laptop. Then I connected my E72 phone with my laptop through USB cable and choose PC Suite when popped up on my phone. I went to Software Update on Nokia Suite on my laptop shown in Nokia Suite Application. I updated the phone software OR you can re-install the phone software using Nokia Suite. Probably it will help you to make your phone little faster and cleanup your phone memory.

Thanks

Paoan Colyan

Please use plain text.
2ool

[ Edited ]

"memory full" error is not new thing in Nokia phones. It has long story since Nokia 6600. I have owned many nokia phones and all of them got short of RAM. This is a joke... They only design hardware to run the OS.

E72 will be my last  Nokia phone... Sorry Nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
indusr

Hi David Your solution solved me problem Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.