Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

e72 software update

e72 software update

Sage

Re: e72 software update

I absolutely agree!  :smileyvery-happy:
Registered Member

e72 memory full cannot search contact fails pbk error

i fail to understand how come nokia e72 is full of so many bugs at the same time.

why did nokia rush to launch it, and why did i upgrade from e71??!!!

i used to swear by nokia , but not any more....

• Contacts is unusable as I frequently get the message - Contacts Memory Full
  • This means I can't consistently search for a contact or open a contact without getting a memory full error
  • accessing Contacts within message send gives the error pbk2ServerApp: Memory Full
  • space bar freezes

apparently everything is alright when i restart.

but doing that 3-4 times a day is painful.

i have search endlessly on the net for solutions

but no success and amazingly not a word from nokia.

nokia, please dont be a samsung or lg.

solve this soon. any indication that you acknowldge and are willing to solve this issues with still be a respite and we can keep our faith...in nokia,

thanks

sid

india

Registered Member

Re: e72 memory full cannot search contact fails pbk error

me too facing the same memory full problem.

nokia team - i was using a n70 for long and then shifted to e72 considering it to be a good business phone.

1) "contact memory full - close some applications and try again" 

2) "email memory full - close some applications and try again"  

These are some very often found problems - u cant call anybody or mail anybody at this point....then what a business phone is this......

And if u check the memory status...

phone memory ----------- 230 MB FREE out of 250 and

Memory card ----------3.2GB FREE out of 4 GB...

Your nokia help center tells me to upgrade the firmware..... a firmware which is not available on nokia website......????

Where to find this firmware and whats the permanent solution for this problem........ I feel plenty of users of nokia e72 are raising this issue and request a quick solution to this.......

Registered Member

Just incase this may help anyone.

I used to get the memory full error for a long time, even after rebooting the phone. After checking my phone thoroughly I found in the Media section, Share Online option that the outbox was trying to upload a file to Ovi (for which I don't even have an account), after deleting this file, my memory full error dissappeared.

Contributor

Same Here. My E72 is just 7 days old and the "MEMORY FULL" error is bugging me. I have been a Nokia Die Hard Fan and it seems that its letting me down.

Nokia ---- Please come up with a solution urgently.

Counsellor

kurups wrote:

And if u check the memory status...

phone memory ----------- 230 MB FREE out of 250 and

Memory card ----------3.2GB FREE out of 4 GB...

What you are referring to (phone memeory) is the inbuilt storage to store applications and their associated files. This has nothing to do with the allocation and usage of RAM on the phone. The E72 has ~128MB of RAM, of which ~approx 50MB is available to the user, whereas on the E71 (simalar RAM specs) the E71 has about 70MB of RAM for the user space.

The S60 9.3 FP2 uses about 30MB more memory than the E71 (FP1) - Nokia should address these memory usage issues - as this is where a lot of problems stem from.

If you run into this problem, try run the phone with less applications on at the same time - this solved the issue in part for me. The S60 on the E72 is best used in a "Singleton Mode" ala iPhone. One app at the time! At least for me.

Registered Member
kamuta

e72 software update

I am also having the same problem and had to restore factory settings. now i will have to restart, which is much better as we wait for NOKIA to do something about this. its so embarassing to tell someone that yu cant phone them or cant save their number with such a new accalimed product. Nokia please do something

Registered Member
radiosandeep

i bought the e-72 just 2 days back, and from day 1, i get a weird problem. all of a sudden, the phone starts detecting the memory card and i will have to remove the card and insert it back again. it works when i do that, but i wonder why it has to stop detecting the card.

i'm worried if i'll have to put up with this permanently, as nokia care in india is worse than an inneficient fish market.

Registered Member
Gyanendra

Re: e72 software update- Memory Full error - Just Fed up !!

Hi Guys,

Just enquire to know If any of you've got the solution to "memory full problem".

I use Blackberry Bold & few weeks back I had to buy Nokia E72 & I face this problem with Nokia E72 at least 4-5 times a day & you need to restart it everytime. I'm just fed up !!

If any of you've got a solution to this problem, kindly suggest or I'll have no choice but to get rid of this mobile.

For sure this will my last Nokia phone .

Really feel sorry for Nokia as the way they are providing very poor quality products. If they continue ignoring the customers, I'm sure they'll continue loosing their customer base rapidly.

Sage
Brenzef

Re: e72 software update- Memory Full error - Just Fed up !!

Strange you have all these problems...

I have none. Everything works fine....!!

Registered Member
nasirahmed

I was using Nokia E 71 and recently upgraded to E72, even i am facing the same problem..

It just pops up the message as stated above and I need to restart it 5- 6 times in a day with out fail..

its very pain full.

My software version is  021.024 dated 17th oct - 2009. where as the custom version is 021.024.c00.01 dated17th -oct 2009, model E72-1

If any body have the solution pls update me.

Advisor
Paul_L

Re: e72 memory full unusable with Lotus Traveler

I have made a simlar posting elsewhere but the E72 is unuseable with Lotus Traveler due to the memory full error.

Plus

Re: e72 memory full unusable with Lotus Traveler

hah, last message was from 2010 may?? So far no fix for this??!
vinodgiswariya

same problems here, but i dont have anything in my share online out box. I'm not even able to open my ovi map. please provide me a solution urgently

mafizchowdhury

The same problem im facing sinc long time,so a solution i got that i have entained to put my nokia e 72 on the bin,rubish phone i never use for ever even i get it free
Counsellor
adn1

Would you like to answer us please , we are all fed up with this Ram problem
Nokia E72 V091.003
Registered Member
HaFeZ

No Support

No Need to use Nokia any more

:smileyfrustrated:

Counsellor
adn1

I think that they will ignore us as always , one simple question : are you going to fix that or not ?
Nokia E72 V091.003
Registered Member
DextrousDave

Solution found to Memory Problem

Hi

I've been struggling with the same problems for a while now, and finally got a viable solution to this.

1. On your phone, go to: Menu>Office>File Manager>Click on 'Phone Memory'>scroll down to 'logs'>open 'logs' folder>open 'Eng' subfolder>open '0ds'>
2. In this folder you are currently in '0ds', you will see a lot of files with long weird file names. You need to delete ALL thos files, since they are all cookies stored
 constantly by your phone. You need to delete these file at least once a day to prevent clogging.
3. To delete all of them (without doing it one by one), select 'options', then select 'mark all' and delete. Presto.
Be patient, as this may take a while especially if you have never done this before. It took my phone 3hours to delete the 12000+ files that were in there.

This really helped me to free 100MB+ space on C: drive memory.

This was brought to you by tech support @ voipcall.v4m.mobi. A complete VoIP solution for Symbian/Nokia, iOS, Android, Windows.

[B][URL="http://voipcall.v4m.mobi"]voipcall.v4m.mobi[/URL][/B]