Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: flv format problem

Contributor
Vikranth

Hurray..We got an answer..Nokia has finally done it with its feature update pack...Now the Flv, xvid, divx files working..Also the audio support for certain files is also got..Thanks Nokia..

Please use plain text.
hanielrakhawy1

no new updates, my phone is up to date ... the problem not fixed till now ..... what to do to get these new support
Please use plain text.
jeanfri

Is it already solved? Could you guide me for the solution? I cannot find it in this thread ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ikramcu10

nothing solve. Just They know about The issue . And make it solve ! How funny.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
InfraSonic

Try to convert the (FLV) file to (Mp4) file . Maybe it will work 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
InfraSonic

It worked with me :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
Craig_Mitchell

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I am new to this thread and discussions in general. I am interested in this topic so please help me out a bit (without flaming if possible :smileyhappy: )..

I have a Nokia 808 PureView which naturally has Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1.

I currently understand that the Nokia 808 PureView's video codec support is at least the same or better than previous Symbian based devices. To my understanding no file format or profiles/containers were dropped, including AVI and MKV. If I refer to this page: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/808_PureView

..I can see the video playback formats are: 3GPP formats (H.263), ASF, AVI, Flash Video, H.264/AVC, Matroska, MPEG-4, RealVideo 10, Sorenson Spark, VC-1, VP6, WMV 9.

If anyone is still interested in this, then I would like to see an example of an AVI/MKV/FLV file that worked say on a Nokia N8 (whatever firmware) and doesn't work anymore on the Nokia 808 PureView.

I know that the Nokia 808 PureView has a new gallery application, and currently shows videos which you have shot on the phone yourself. All the rest of the videos should be visible in the "Videos" application, and failing that you should be able to launch the video from the "Files" application.

Thanks, Craig

Please use plain text.