Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: gallery zoom problem N8 since PR1.1

Professor
flagpole

gallery zoom problem N8 since PR1.1

I wondered if anyone else has had this....

since 'upgrading' to PR1.1 intermittently, but often the gallery does not zoom correctly.

when i zoom previoulsy it would zoom in the current image in low quality then a couple of seconds later it would paint in the detail....

this painting the detail stage often does not happen and i have to reboot, which often doesn't fix it and i have to reboot again.

sometimes after a reboot, when i open the gallery it will say 'refreshing your media' - anyone else have this - or an idea for a better workaround... how about deleteing all the _PAlbTN directories? where is the gallery database?

There's no dignity in begging for kudos. Do it for the karma.
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

i have discovered this problem was down to Nokia Bubbles of all things.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I've got bubbles and PR1.1 and not experienced this bug.

Could there be a third element that triggers it or I wonder if it depends on where the images are stored or where bubbles is installed?
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

there could well be a third element to this...

it could be updating to pr1.1 after you have installed bubbles. nokia battery monitor has been giving me hassle too.

but my googling lead me to a bug report on beta labs, it had no other supporters, but uninstalling bubbles removed the problem immediately. not even a reboot required.

bubbles installs all kind of beta versions of all sorts of libraries that are used by all sorts of phone apps. it's a bit cheeky really whilst i understand that a beta is exactly that. this app does appear to have the potential to mess up everything rather than just itself. check this out for a 'known issue' - Installing Bubbles will also install a beta version of Qt 4.7.1 which may cause the Ovi Store client or other Qt-based applications to fail.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I did have bubbles prior to PR1.1 but don't have the battery monitor installed.

The bit you've highlighted in red is a bit worrying now that more Qt based apps are starting to appear.

Did removing bubbles remove the Qt beta too or is that unremovable under normal circumstances?
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

[ Edited ]

i actually don't know if removing bubbles removed qt beta as i can't see it on the installed app list.

edit: there are uninstall instructions here:

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-bubbles/download_and_installation#uninstall

that incude downloading a beta app called qtdowngrade.

also there is a new versio of bubbles out today.

having gone back to the old QT nokia maps is much more responsive.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sheldonpl

Damn, on my phone it only zooms (two fingers method) something 10% and stuck. Then I can only zoom by the slide bar, photos when zoomed are not getting real quality/zoom - I see pixelized photo.

No bubbles, no "Extra" apps.

N8 dark-gray, v013.016
Please use plain text.
Professor
flagpole

did you ever pick up the apps update?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sheldonpl

Yes, all except midnight theme and social update...

Of course also PR1.1 update (OTA).

N8 dark-gray, v013.016
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
majorhawkwind

I updated to PR 1.1 on my N8 and when I went into photos it didn't show any and gave me the message refreshing media but did nothing. My photos were on the 2gb microSD card and I could see them in file manager and even in photo editer but they were pixalatted and **bleep**.

After seeing no fixes online I switched the phone off, took the memory card out, reinserted it and switched it back on. Went into album and it started refreshing the media and now all pics are there and no more pixellation.

Simples!

Everything else about the update is good.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

This isnt a PR1.1 issue.

I have had some zooming issues with my N8 from day one.
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Sage

I did have bubbles and the battery monitor installed prior to PR1.1. BUT: same happens to me after installing vlingo. Uninstalled and zooming came back to normal.
Just wondering: maybe a "lack of memory" issue? Because vlingo worked in background...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TurboX6

Dude Your Not Alone with that Problem too . I have suffered the same problem on My Silver N8 . The Photos in the gallery looks horrible and low quality . Every N8 suffers from it . But dont worry when you view your Images in your Laptop or PC , Its gonna be in high quality . Maybe its because the Screen Resolution . And also try not to Scratch your N8 like Mine . My N8 suffers from scratches . Im planning to replace the whole casing . Nokia Please dont make False Commercial advertising about the N8 being scratcheless .

Please use plain text.