Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: google maps not working with symbian belle upg...

Contributor
rakvaishu

google maps not working with symbian belle upgrade

guys after recent upgrade with symbian belle google maps stopped working is there any problem will belle dose it support google maps 4.1.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aikonN8

Re: google maps not working with symbian belle upgrade

You need to turn on both mobile  data  AND WiFi ,you DON'T have to connect to any access point via WiFi but it does have to be turned on.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@rakvaishu

Further discussion in this thread, seems it works for some and not for others:/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/Google-Maps-on-Nokia-Belle/m-p/1304625/highlight/true#M285952

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rakvaishu

Thanx for your reply will give a try today

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xyn19

i have wifi turned on, google maps still does not start. when i start google maps, screen flashes black momentarily then returns to homescreen, nothing else happens, as if google maps instantly quits.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Works fine for me, useful tip turning wifi on !!

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

I get exactly the same as xyn19.

This is on a newly formatted and Belled N8 AND and newly formatted and Belled C6-01.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rhyolitic

TY!! Was driving me nuts.  Appears to work for WIFI hotspot too. 

Please use plain text.
rodrigopanico

Did u tryed update it in the Nokia Suite and download all maps and voice guide again? It worked to me...
Please use plain text.
Sage
mustan111

For those who Google Maps does not even with the wifi fix try using the older v3.2. Works like a charm.
Please use plain text.
Vjmakwana

Download working Google Maps for Nokia N8

Friends now this error is solved by GeekWake.

Go here and see how to work Google Maps in Symbian Belle.

Go to GeekWake = Google Maps for Symbian Belle

Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Google Map v4.1.1 doesn't work on my N8 (Bell) either, even with wifi on. It immediately return to main menu after tapping the app. It used to work fine on Anna even with wifi off.

I tried downloading and reinstalling Google Map v4.1.1 few times, even after factory reset, but still didn't work.

I then tried Google Map v3.2.1, and it works. Wifi still have to be on initially, but can be turned off after the app running.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xyn19

[ Edited ]

For those people still can't get Google map to work on Belle after the Wifi trick, a hard reset finally fixed mine!  (No, a soft reset did not fix mine, but you should try it first.)  Yea, it's a pain in the butt having to reinstall some apps and reconfigure preferences.  But my phone also runs smoother and the battery lasts longer, as least it seems.  I still need to turn on Wifi for Google map to start.

Detailed steps:

1. Do a full backup with Nokia Suite, just in case. (If you restore later, do not restore apps & preferences.  Otherwise, Google map won't work.)
  2. Put phone in Offline mode to end all calls and connections: Press Hangup > Offline
  3. Try Soft reset first: Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Restore.
  4. Reinstall Google Maps.
  5. If soft reset didn't work, try Hard reset: Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore

Enjoy!

Please use plain text.