Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how can I get IMEI number from back up if my phone...

Contributor
ransom

how can I get IMEI number from back up if my phone is stolen

My trusty N95 was stolen (by a security guard no less). He disappeared and is now using the phone. He sent an email to someone from my gmail account which was set up on the phone (and configured to always copy me). I've changed my email log in password etc. BUT I really would like to block that phone. But I'd had it for so long that I don't seem to have the IMEI number stored anywhere. I have my old back-ups and photos etc. Is the IMEI stored in any of these and how would one retrieve it?

I loved that phone and had kept it even after upgrading to C7 then N8. And to use my email!!!!?

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: how can I get IMEI number from back up if my phone is stolen

I dont think there is a way through backing up of files, have you tried contacting your service provider as they most likely will know it, and be the ones to block it?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

The Original Sales Package and the Invoice should have the IMEI number printed.. if you have these look at them.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

At least in the past PC Suite used to save the backup files in a folder/directory name where the name is the IMEI.

Also, your network operator will know what IMEIs have been connecting to their network using your SIM card. Ask their customer service whether they're willing to dig it up from their systems and tell you.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Check

My Computer-->C Drive-->Users-->(Your user Name)-->Application Data-->Local-->Nokia-->Nokia Suite-->Contacts..It should display XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_Contact.html where XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is the IMEI number.

Also the Folder under My Computer-->C Drive-->Users-->(Your user Name)-->Application Data-->Local-->Nokia-->Nokia Suite-->Messages should display the IMEI

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ransom

Unfortunately I got it when it was the greatest thing since sliced bread so original receipts etc. are out.

I kept it as a back up phone and the last time I actually used it before it got stolen must have been around December 2010! I'm not sure the network would have records from back then. It also didn't have my SIM card in it so the thief wasn't using my number, just the email from the settings that were on the phone.

But this thing with the folders sounds like a viable direction. I'll have to grab my old laptop and see what's on there.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

ransom wrote:

Unfortunately I got it when it was the greatest thing since sliced bread so original receipts etc. are out.

I kept it as a back up phone and the last time I actually used it before it got stolen must have been around December 2010! I'm not sure the network would have records from back then. It also didn't have my SIM card in it so the thief wasn't using my number, just the email from the settings that were on the phone.

But this thing with the folders sounds like a viable direction. I'll have to grab my old laptop and see what's on there.

Thanks

As Farby has said you will find your IMEI in that location, as well as any other Nokia phone you've connected via Nokia Suite/PC Suite in the past. So, you will need to know the other IMEI numbers from the other phones in order to determine the one you want.

As for that security guard, next to the police they can be the biggest crooks on the planet. I hope you manage to track him down and get him done.

Good luck.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vivekchawla

i lost my nokia 5233 i have nokia pc suite installed and i have used my cell phone many times as net and have a backup file with the file extension .nbf can u help me to find the imei number of the phone using nokia pc suite 

please help me i lost my nokia 5233

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vivekchawla

i lost my nokia 5233 i have nokia pc suite installed and i have used my cell phone many times as net and have a backup file with the file extension .nbf can u help me to find the imei number of the phone using nokia pc suite

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

vivekchawla wrote:

Apart from the path Farby posted you can also look at the following path on your P.C.

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Suite\IAD 

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Suite\Messages

OR

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Suite\Photos

OR

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Suite\Contacts

For you to be able to see the Folder called AppData you have to make sure that you have enabled Show Hidden Folders which is achievable by selecting Folder Options>View>Tick Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives

Once you open the Messages, Photos or Contacts you will be able to see a folder and the folder name will have numbers which is the IMEI number and you can use your IMEI number to block your lost phone via your service provider. Some service providers also helps to track the phone and if your service provider enables the track phone feature then you can locate your lost phone and arrest the person who stole it.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mdzameeruddin

i loss my cell phone asha 300 plz can you help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@mdzameeruddin

Unfortunately there is nothing that Nokia can do to remedy this situation, at best your network provider could block the SIM which has probably long been removed from device.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
hyshakeel

lost nokia c7 bele

[ Edited ]

dear sir i lost my nokia c7 in sharjah airport and i have my mobile fone BOX and i have IMEI and i have tha bill please help me i mack report in police i give them my IMEI numbar but i want u to show me the right track to get my nokia c7 back,pleassss and this is my IMEI number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Moderator's note : Please, no personal details.  Read our guidelines.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: lost nokia c7 bele

Only the Police can help you get your phone back.

Try calling your No. If its found by some good samaritan, you may get it back that way too. If not then you may approach your Operator and get the SIM blocked. Also refer this ...

Please use plain text.
hyshakeel

Re: lost nokia c7 bele .dear sir haw i will remove IMEI numbar from my post

sir haw i can remove my IMEI numbar frome my post plss help me i try but i dont no haw to do it thanks for your help.thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: lost nokia c7 bele .dear sir haw i will remove IMEI numbar from my post

If you click on OPTIONS next to the post you may see an 'Edit Reply' option..Click on that and you may make changes that you want. But this option will not be available in certain cases like if someone has already posted below your post, etc. In such cases goto OPTIONS and select 'Report Inappropriate content' and in the box that opens put your request..e.g. remove the IMEI and click 'Notify Moderator' who will do the needful ..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
satish10787

[ Edited ]

I lost my nokia 5230 phone , please help me what can i do?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Hi Satish,

Sorry to know that.. Refer THIS .. 

Please use plain text.