Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to format my c7 device?

Advisor
mahmoudnasr

how to format my c7 device?

any one can advice how can format my device????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
zoro06

Re: how to format my c7 device?

do u mean factory reset ??

from settings

-you can show appreciation to my posts if it helped or useful by pressing the green Kudo star beside my post that hepled :smileyhappy:
-if my answer was the solution , so click accept as solution button
Started From Nokia 3310 , Now with Nokia N97 v.22.0.110 + N900 PR1.2
Please use plain text.
Employee
PerLs

Hi,

Try this and mind the note. or as zoro06 suggest from setting menu.

You can format your device by typing *#7370# in standby mode. Before the device is reset, you may need to provide the lock code. The default lock code is 12345.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

• Formatting the device will permanently erase all user data and settings as well as add-on applications and operator specific settings.
  • If you have made a backup of the device data, the data can be restored from the backup after formatting but some add-on applications can have restrictions that they are not restored from the backup.
  • If you use formatting to repair faulty behaviour of the device, restoring the backed-up data files may restore the unwanted behaviour as well. In that case, a partial restore may resolve the situation.
  • The contents of the SIM card and memory card (MMC) are not erased during formatting. Note, however, that in some device models (e.g. Nokia N8-00 and E7-00 ) the mass memory is formatted in this situation and it is therefore important that you have backed up all the data from your mass memory (E: mass memory) before resetting the device.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pawan_malik3

its great to use.....thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

hi
i tried to do hard reset to a c7
(the device close down), then after swicthing off appears a white screen which was there long time
is this normal?
i had to remove battery to work again or the device it should be back on by its self after many minutes?
thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

It does take a bit longer to restart.
is it ok now?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

after hard reset it close down and right after it seems a while light on all the screen appears
i was waiting few min nothing happens
i took out battery and back in swicth it on
it seems few apps disappear so i guess worked

just wonder if that was normal to appear for so long the light on the screen after waiting few min it phone did not restart it self

by the way thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Yes its normal,if you did the hard reset you would also be missing some apps.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
face2face77

I changed my c7 phone language into another then I changed it back to English, now I cannot enter to the main menu neither setting the shortcut gadget .... What should I do? Should I format it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Have you tried rebooting it? Remove the battery for 1 minute and turn it on again. See if this does it.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
reddykvijay

nothing just switch your mobile off> then hold the following 3 buttons < menu > + < cam > + < vol down > then power it on And hold the 3 above buttons till you see the Nokia start up screen but remember it you'll all all the information in your phone memory
Please use plain text.
ro123456789

Re: how to format My c7 device?

My nokia c7 screen sever docent word and I can't answer by scrivener what am I do??

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bulbul786

i want change my c7 operating system.how 2 change it,i installed belle.i want remove it plz help me any one plz plz.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

bulbul786 wrote:
i want change my c7 operating system.how 2 change it,i installed belle.i want remove it plz help me any one plz plz.

Sorry ..You can't Rollback the Firmware ...

Please use plain text.