Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to format nokia 6680...

how to format nokia 6680...

I need help on how to format nokia 6680 and also how to fix the vibrator, I usually turn on vibrate especially while traveling but it doesn't vibrate most of the time... but sometimes does... help me plzzzzz.....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: how to format nokia 6680...

This code will fully format your phone wiping all data.

Hard reset:

1. Switch off the phone.

2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.

3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone.

4. Release when the phone shows the nokia logo or shows other signs of life like the language selction screen.

Chances are that this will not fix the vibrator as it's likely to be a hardware failure that has caused it to stop working. A care point/service centre can fix it.

Care points:

UK
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006

Europe:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379

Asia-Pacific
http://www.nokia-asia.com/A4416070

Elsewhere:
http://www.nokia.com select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.
Please use plain text.

lots of thanks psychomania your tips really help me a lot.... my phone is okey now, its easy to access the menu... again thank you....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You are welcome :smileyhappy:

Does it vibrate again?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hello,
I just made a big bobo...I was in the process up updating to newer version on my nokia 6680, and the USB cable came loose, so lost connection, had to disconnect, now the phone does nothing, then I turn it on I only get the NOKIA word comes on and fades off, then comes on again and fades off, this is all the phone does now. I tired to format it using the e keys (green, *, and 3 key), tried many times, but nothing is happening, the phone was working perfect prior to this update, now it's not working at all, I love this phone...PLEASE help me bring it back alive. Thank you.
Marc
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
siliconbunny

take it to the authorised service centre and then they will reload the software. it has happened becasue during updates the phone should never be disconnected.

It is always better to do your firmware updates from an authorised service centre rather than a web update.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank you for the reply, I don't have a authorized service center nearby though. Thanks you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You will have to take a trip to one as it's the only way to get it working again. If that isn't an option then it's time to buy a new phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks again for the reply...I'll try to find nikon service nearby here in Michigan USA. Thnaks again
Please use plain text.
Contributor

*#7370# also does the hard reset thing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks...I tired that too...still nothing
Please use plain text.
mAnb00bZ

Sir, my phone won't start and it displays a message that says "Phone start-up failed. contact the retailer.  I tried your procedure how to hard reset, but it doesn't seem to work on my phone. I also tried changing my keypad because i suspect that one of those keys is not functioning the way it should be, but still nothing. Is there any situations that the hard reset procedure won't work? Do you think this is a hardware Problem rather than corrupted files causing the phone won't turn on? If yes, what should i do next to fix my phone? I really hope you will help me..

Thank You in advance..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jbv27

Hi sir can you help me because I forgot my phone password and I want to format them without appearing password and all memory is back to original setting and lost password as well....than you sir...
Please use plain text.