Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

how to increase phone RAM in C6-00

Contributor
abimbola2009

how to increase phone RAM in C6-00

hello, i got a nokia C6-00 and noticed that my phone has a total of 120mb but 25mb free, pls how can i free up some more memory, and also noticed that my phone came with a lot of applications i dont need, like nokia store, qt, quick office, psiloc traveller, youtube, twitter, bloomberg and much more, how and can i uninstall some of this applications without damage being done to my phone. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Re: how to increase phone RAM in C6-00

Have a look at this thread created by tonysax49

/t5/Cseries/Solving-Nokia-s-C6-00-RAM-memory-and-speed-problems/m-p/1101981/highlight/true#M23549

He had similar RAM issues, which he managed to address by following the steps contained within the thread.

Thanks to tonysax49 for the tips.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abimbola2009

tnxs...but all this applications cant i uninstall them
Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Some applications are pre installed on the phone dependent on whether you have bought it sim unlocked or from a mobile service provider.

Some programs will be locked so that you can't un-install them, others you will be able to.

I don't think that you will be able to un-install Nokia Store or Qt (personally I would leave these alone), the others you may be able to. You wont (or shouldn't) be able to delete system dependent programs.

To un-install the app, go into the application menu touch the icon and hold, you should be given the option delete/un-install.

Some of the programs, like Quick Office, would probably cost money to buy and re-install so I would think very carefully about whether you would want to get rid of them or not.

Deleting programs like youtube and Bloomberg wont cause any damage to your phone.

It's up to you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

But the main thing is that removing these apps will only free up your Phone memory. It wont be able to increase your ram. So you will continue to get memory full errors.
By the way, dont remove Nokia store, qt and quick office. You can remove others.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

As timkamat says, RAM is very different to your physical phone memory and un-installing programs like youtube and Bloomberg are not going to assist in freeing more RAM.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Have you had a look at the link I posted in my earlier reply? The OP from that tread appeared to have had some success in speeding up his phone operation. If you do decide totry the methods that he has suggested then please let us know how you get on as this will assist other people in your situation.
Please use plain text.