Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to remove sim card from N8

Advisor
pulseracing
Accepted Solution

how to remove sim card from N8

so o2 will be along tomorrow to swap my 3 day old N8 for one that (hopefully) works properly!  Problem is, I can't see how to remove the sim card.  If I push it in it doesnt click and eject - failing that am I supposed to press somewhere for it to eject?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: how to remove sim card from N8

it should be fairly simple , turn off phone , open cover on side , press sim card and it should come out !

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pulseracing

nope!   I can press hard enough to put a dent in the sim card and it stays exactly where it is :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
tribalmasters

Looks like the mechanism for ejecting got stuck or the SIM card is in really stiff!  Try using some needle nose pliers to pull it out but be careful and gentle!  If it stops and needs lots of force, push it back in and try pulling again!

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hei,

You have to trust yourself! Use a little bit more force, push the sim-card little bit further and voila! You'll
hear a clic and its done!

-vvaino
#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pulseracing

no way you can get the smallest needle-nose pliers anywhere near that simcard!  A lockpick set did the trick, gently prising it from both edges.  I have now given the sim card a quick shave with a knife in case it gets stuck in the new N8 tomorrow

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pervane

[ Edited ]

hi,

i used to have a similar problem. My sim card was stuck in the phone, and it was not clicked and hopping off while inserting, i have pushed and inserted by force and it did not come out by supposed method when i tried to take it out. I have taken it out by using a tweezer.

My problem was about the size of my sim card, it's side widths was higher than its standart value (i think in the range of one tenth of milimeter). Than i have rasped it very very very little, than the problem had gone. The place for the sim card is very small and precise so sim cards that are a little bit wider than its standart stucks in the hole, and the spring can not push it back.

In normal situation it should hop off if you push less than required, you can test whether it is working properly or not by pushing a little bit, sim card should come back.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rata_picha

works... thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Just a cautionary note not to try using mini-UICC with adapter in N8 as in this Nokia caution:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/product-support/n8-00/nokia-n8-how-to/get-familiar-with-your-device/m... Here is example of AT&T offering which can cause issues:/t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Sim-card-slot-is-broken/m-p/896937/highlight/true#M251139

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.