Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to use computer internet on mobile

Counsellor
amit_mc

how to use computer internet on mobile

Dear All

can anyone help me to use pc's internet on my mobile, i have E51,actually i dont have subscribed gprs service but i want to download some application on mobile or need to use yahoo go! or gmail, please suggest me if any software is there with link if possible.
regards
Amit Chaudhari M. E. Civil Pune - Motorola (double line Display) - Samsung X-600 (Flap) - 3315 - Sony J5 - 2850 - 2100 - 3100 - Samsung C 100 - Moto C350 - Moto C650 - Moto E 365 - 3220 - 1100- Palm Treo PDA (B&W) - 6681Silver - Moto C650 - 2865 - Samsung Ultraslim V9 - 6681 Black - Spice D88 (Dual Sim) - Samsung D900i - Samsung E250 - E50 - E51
CDMA - Moto Basic - 2112 - Samsung Hero - Telson TWC 1150 (Watch Mobile)
Please use plain text.
Sage

Re: how to use computer internet on mobile

How is your computer connected to the internet? Via wifi or via hard-line (dial-up etc etc)? Previously there was a program called Nokia Bridging (not sure if that was the name of the program) which allows you to share you PC's internet connection with your mobile (or was it the other way araound?)

Sorry I can't be of much help in this department. Try googling.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Are you trying to use your phone to connect your PC to the internet like a modem / 3g card, or are you trying to browse the internet on your phone.

(Sorry your question wasn't too clear to me!)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
amit_mc

dear one

my computer is having broadband internet connection, so i want to use that internet on my mobile because i do not want spend more money on activating and using gprs service,
Amit Chaudhari M. E. Civil Pune - Motorola (double line Display) - Samsung X-600 (Flap) - 3315 - Sony J5 - 2850 - 2100 - 3100 - Samsung C 100 - Moto C350 - Moto C650 - Moto E 365 - 3220 - 1100- Palm Treo PDA (B&W) - 6681Silver - Moto C650 - 2865 - Samsung Ultraslim V9 - 6681 Black - Spice D88 (Dual Sim) - Samsung D900i - Samsung E250 - E50 - E51
CDMA - Moto Basic - 2112 - Samsung Hero - Telson TWC 1150 (Watch Mobile)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I don't think it is possible to connect your phone to the internet using the USB cable. The only way to use your computer broadband on your Nokia phone is through a Wifi connection i think.

You can do the opposite and use your phone as a modem to connect your computer to the internet but obviously GPRS is very expensive.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
downloader

If your phone has WLAN then you should connect to internet via WLAN and download anything you like.

but i think it is better you download application using ur pc .and then transfer them via usb cable,Nokia pcsuite, into your memory card or phone memory.

i would never download anything using my phone. i just download faster to my computer then i do select which application i should install or music to transfer into memorycard :smileyhappy:
Allah = God Says: "Share your knowledge with others and i will give you more"
Please use plain text.