Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

i forgot the phone lock code of my nokia e63 can a...

malalaman_mo

i forgot the phone lock code of my nokia e63 can anyone help me..

i've tried to hard reset it... but the default 12345 code does'nt work ..is there a way to open my phone again?

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: i forgot the phone lock code of my nokia e63 can anyone help me..

Hi malalaman_mo

Unfortunately it looks like a visit to Nokia Care Point with proof of purchase is now necessary.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

scoobyman is right. The only way you can reset the security code is by visiting a Nokia Care Point with some kind of proof that you are the rightful owner of the phone.

They will then perform a full reset, which apart from resetting the lock code, will wipe your phone clean of any and all data in it. If you are still able to use PC Suite or OVI suite to back that data up first of all then do so. If not, then I'm afraid that all your data is lost.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

malalaman_mo

i don't think i have a proof of purchase.. since i bought my phone last year .. the receipt is gone and even the box is missing... 

Mobile Overlord
grschinon

It won't hurt to ask your NCP if they'll do it without proof of ownership but don't be offended if they refuse. You should always keep receipts for things like this filed away somewhere safe.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Counsellor
pnpmech

The best way to get out of such situation is to register your device to Nokia. Always purchase from authorized dealers of Nokia (they are listed in Nokia website also), they automatcally register ur device IMEI with you. So whenever u fall in trouble u can approach nokia care center "globally without need to carry purchase proof !" they can identify ur device online(like date of purchase, name and address of store, etc). BTW I have registered my device and never asked to carry any proof other than my phone!
LEARNING AND WISDOM ARE SUPERFLUITIES, THE SURFACE GLITTER MERELY, BUT IT IS THE HEART THAT IS THE SEAT OF ALL POWER . . . .
Advisor
virginshonz

Pliz can you give me reset codes and addresses of a Nokia Care Center,i live in Zimbabwe,GWERU. Also advise me on how i can contact NCC
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@virginshonz

Presumably you have already tried:http://nokia.com/support

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5