Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

language pack

Registered Member
ccc6666

language pack

I am using nokia c6 in canada from fido. i cannot add chinsee support to the phone. why nokia cannot make it easier for us? nowadays it is global. Not all people in north america only use english, right? can nokia be more open minded? sorry i complaint here because i don't have enought money for the internet fee of android or iphone. but i do know why nokia is not as smart as google because it is not as open as google.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Re: language pack

From what I know, nokia care points can add any language pack in your phone, but you will have to pay for it.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
romandimaroman

nokia 7210 Supernova

Please use plain text.
ionut36

Hi there!

i just bought a Nokia 300 Asha Touch & Tipe Red and i want to change the menu language in Italian, unfortunately there are only 5 languages but not Italian.

I see that there is a option to use network provider for language. I want to know if i use a Italian sim i will have Italian language for menu? If not, how can i install that language ?

P.S.

I got this phone as a gift from Romania for a friend in Italy!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You will have to visit Nokia Care and ask whether they can install the Italian Language Pack . No other way. Also, bear in mind that if you get the Language pack installed then any future Firmware updates / re-install will remove this Language..and you will need to get it re-installed the same way...

BTW, I am clueless about the other query regarding the Italian SIM ????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

[ Edited ]

farby wrote:

Also, bear in mind that if you get the Language pack installed then any future Firmware updates / re-install will remove this Language..and you will need to get it re-installed the same way...

Unless whomever updates the firmware also changes the device product code to match that firmware language variant (version).

Please use plain text.
ionut36

Thank you all for your quick replies, i talked today with Nokia Care Romania and it seems that i have to go to them to install that language pack, unfortunately this will not be for free and i will have to pay 18.5 Euros! P.S. I'm disappointed about that, my phone is brand new, i have it from about 3 days, and i have to pay for a language used in EU with a phone sold in a EU country!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ccc6666

I abandaned nokia because now the data plans for normal and smart phones are the same now. Let us go for Android. I will only go to pay for the language pack for nokia if I am stupid enough. Unfortunately I am not that stup...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ejcullen

thanks for the reply

Please use plain text.
Sage

ionut36 wrote:
Thank you all for your quick replies, i talked today with Nokia Care Romania and it seems that i have to go to them to install that language pack, unfortunately this will not be for free and i will have to pay 18.5 Euros! P.S. I'm disappointed about that, my phone is brand new, i have it from about 3 days, and i have to pay for a language used in EU with a phone sold in a EU country!

There are more than 40 languages in Europe, there is simply not enough phone memory to keep all 40 languages on the phone. So based on that each country will make its country variants, with a selection of languages based on the local needs.

So unless you buy a country variant from the country where your desired language is spoken, you will indeed be forced to either be lucky and have a country variant from a country that includes your language, or to go to the Nokia Care Point, to get another language pack.

Please use plain text.